Brux Barrels

I love my Brux barrels! I currently own two, both are #5 stainless heavy sporters. I also have 2 Bartlein's that shoot amazing. All of my custom barrels look really good in my borescope but the Brux barrels are a thing of beauty on the inside! Best of luck, Jason

Southern Precision Rifles is going to put a Sendero contour Brux 26" barrel with 1:9 twist on my 7mm STW.

For you folks that have shot Brux, have you been pleased with them?
I have owned and shot two of them, both in 7mm. One, I bought here from a well known member.
They both broke in very well, mine were both four grooves. I was skeptical at first. Believe me when I say no worries. My 7stw, was a genuine 1/4 minute shooter with that barrel. The other, I built a 280 rem, 26 in finish. It thought it was a varmint gun. Neither one ever copper fouled, and I was using Barnes bullets exclusively at that time. You did good, you won't regret.😁😁😁

Ps, it all depends on how well your Smith installs, and chambers it as well. I purchased the readers, from PTG, on both occasions, and sold them to the the Smith afterwards. Didn't want rented reamers.

Just picked up my new 25 Creedmoor with a 26" 1:7.5" Brux Sendero steel barrel.
I can say I am happy with it after only 20 rounds down it. 131 Blackjack @ 2976fps so far, no pressure, and quite accurate.
20220202_173005.jpg

20220205_113007.jpg

I use two builders in PHX for LR rifles. Ones makes his own barrels (best I have used) but the other prefers Brux. I have one on a 338 Lapua- shoots great. He is rebarrelling a 300 RUM now with a Brux. Once I find a load that groups 1/2 MOA at 500 I stop load testing and start shooting in the wind, so I don't have any pretty groups on paper.

For you folks with Brux barrels, did you do a break in procedure or just proceed with shooting right off the bat?
I let the barrel tell me what it needs, I shoot and clean for 5 shots after that if it still copper fouling I shoot and clean for 5 more keeping track of how fast it cleans up most times at this point I will shoot 3 and clean if there is little to no copper fouling I will call break in done

For you folks with Brux barrels, did you do a break in procedure or just proceed with shooting right off the bat?
My first 20 round break in went like this:
1. Shoot 1
2. Repeat

I will continue this regime for the first 100 or so rounds. Probably much more.

My 6CM had 400 rounds before the first cleaning.
I have a 6.5SS that has 300+ with no cleaning yet. And a 7SS with about 150 so far.
I clean when groups start to open up. Not before.