Brux Barrels

I'd hate to guess and tell you how many I've had…but it's the brand I look for first.

There are quite a few great options for barrels, Brux is one of them.

I have an 8 twist Fluted Brux #4 on my 280 AI, it plain shoots. Everything sub 1/2 MOA, and usually better than that. It is also the least copper fouling barrel I have ever cleaned. one wet patch of copper solvent down the barrel 15 min, and then 3 dry patches and it is squeaky clean, and that was the initial cleaning of the barrel after the first 93 rounds.

Worked well for me

Attachments

• PXL_20210713_234335553.jpg
    PXL_20210713_234335553.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
  • PXL_20210713_234310368.jpg
    PXL_20210713_234310368.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 63
I have Brux barrels on my 264 win mag and 7 SAUM. They shoot the same as my Bartlein's and carbons - all in the .0-2 range. They are also typically a little faster than the other brands in my experience.

I have had a krieger and hart but I've had good luck with Brux or Bartlein steel barrels.

If I can't find those 2, I'd look at the Benchmarks as well - lots of pro shooters run those and I have a couple buddies who are happy with them as well.

What are all of you guys finding as being the most accurate Contour? I have a #4 Sporter, sometimes I wonder if I should have gone heavier. Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, just want to hear from guys that are shooting .50 and under on this thread.

What are all of you guys finding as being the most accurate Contour? I have a #4 Sporter, sometimes I wonder if I should have gone heavier. Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread, just want to hear from guys that are shooting .50 and under on this thread.
I think the advantage of a heavy contour is its ability to dissipate heat better than a smaller contour, Maybe shoot more better shots consecutively with the heavy.

Brux 300 win mag: 600 yard 4 shot group with 180 Hammer Hunters. Should have quite before I shot the last orphan. I have four Brux Barrels and they all shoot incredibly. I had a 300 win mag that went over 2000 rounds and still grouped.

Attachments

• IMG_7489.jpeg
    IMG_7489.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 40
I have several and can say I have never had a one that didn't shoot great. Others I have tried are Kreiger, Lilja, Shilen, Douglas to name a few. So far, Brux barrels have performed as well or in most cases better than any of them.