Browning or Weatherby?(bolt rifles)

Litehiker

I just want to see what many of you feel about the out-of-the-box quality and accuracy with both Weatherby and Browning rifles. I've shot both and both performed well.

I personally own a Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker in .300 Win mag and like it a lot.
To me both companies make comparable quality rifles. Both make well engineered rifles.

Your experience?

And, as MudRunner knows, my opinion goes the other way - I'd take a Vanguard any day.

It really comes down to your personal preference. Buy the one you like best and learn it, shoot with it, use it. That's the best way to do it. If you own a Browning there's a lot to be said for keeping the same thing going. No matter which one you grab the safety/bolt/usage will feel the same. That's why I have several Vanguards set up similarly - so I can operate them without having to think.

LH, the Weatherby Vanguard is likely the easiest on the wallet and there is a lot of available upgrades that are mildly priced. The Weatherby Mark V's are over $1200 and usually only need trigger work and bedding. I have seen dogs in all three and many that are shooters out of the box. Like owning several of the same brand as the good Dr. mentioned. Stay away from the black plastic stocks, the manufacturers only pay about $8-10 for them. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.