Weatherby, Browning, or Baretta?

I'm new to this forum and have limited experience so I won't reccomend one over another. That being said, I recently bought an X-bolt in .270 WIN that shoots .5 MOA with Hornady 130 SSTs. I looked at a Tikka (had never heard of one) and wasn't impressed with the stock or the bolt. Trigger was nice though. I hated how the mag stuck out too. Not good for handling in the field I wouln't think. The Tikka mag was also very cheap/flimsy feeling compared to the browning. I also didn't like the Tikka scope mounting system compared to the Browning. And the trigger guard on the Tikka is plastic :/ The sales guy was really pushing the Tikka but there was too much I didn't like about it, accuracy aside.

A little off the topic. I ordered a new BERGARRA rifle in for a customer. Shot Black Hills, Hornady superformance, and 3 other loads through it. Best it did was .731 the worst it did was .774 CTC.. I kinda expected more.. He is happy but the Weatherby series 2 is truly hard to beat.

I own all 3, and simply put all are shooters with hand loads. The tikka is most accurate of the three. As far as feel and comfort go with xbolt and looks. If u want a tack driver go with tikka.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.