brass for a .308 norma?

your deepest folds will not come out they will just fold shut and while you can still use them they will crack in time. if I get bad ones I use them for fouling barrel after a deep cleaning

I am having a rifle rebarreled to a 308 Norma Magnum.I got my Redding die set in so I played around with some brass I have on hand.I necked up 7mag brass and it was easy with no problems.I necked down 338 Win Mag,it was easy with no problems.I resized 300 Win Mag brass and I think this is by far the most difficult route to go.It totally reshapes the shoulder of the brass and requires trimming afterwards.I don't mind the necks being short using 7mag and 338 Win Mag brass,that has never been an issue for me since I make 338-06 brass from 30-06 brass and that also gives me a little shorter case.The main thing is brass should be new,once fired or annealed and it makes it much easier when the brass is soft.There is also the option of purchasing Norma brass if you can find it.

The guy I learned gunsmithing from use to build a ton of custom 308 Norma's. When people couldn't get the norma brass, or didn't want to pay for it, he would tell them to use 338 WM cases. They do end up short, but it's a simple run through a 308 norma die and reload.

Message for Joe at leadership Outfitters! Got my 7mm wsm dies today. Please give info so I can give a review for you. Thank you much!

Now that I think about it, 750 pieces of brass probably going to be a pretty penny… LOL
My reply of the 308's are not going away was referring to the fact that I'm keeping them, with no plans of selling them… my grandfather built the two that I have. One is a hunting style, 1950's era, and a fat match barreled beast with an oversized HEAVY stock. Also, 1950's era… an heirloom…