brass annealing machine

If you want a fairly inexpensive, but uniform, annealing method: look at the Ballistic Recreations method () for a way to do it. The small Lee lead electric pot used in that process can be found for around $39-$60 (depending on how well you shop). I got mine for $39 and shipping at . Ballistic Recreations is out of Canada but the guy ships fast. His stuff actually got to N.FL quicker than stuff I had ordered from within the U.S. around the same time.
Hope this info is of use.

I used the drill and socket method, its better than nothing. I noticed a significant improvement in shoulder bump with the AMP. I used to chase it and have an ES of .0020-.0025 Now my ES is in the realm of .0005. I dont have to adjust my body die once its set for a specific lot of brass. The AMP returns it to the same hardness every time and shoulder bump is identical.

Also, you need to know that your heating your brass up to a consistent temperature. Because holding it with your hand isn't a good idea, nor is doing it in the dark. Just do it the easy way and buy some tempilaq. Use the small paint brush under the cap to paint a short stripe just below the case shoulder. This will turn black when you reach the correct temperature.

Attachments

• Tempilaq.jpg
    Tempilaq.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 82
If you are buying new. Anneleeze is a good bang for the buck.
A used bench source is a more refined product If you can get one within your budget.
I have a Ken Light. Great annealer as well if you can find one. Beautiful design engineering, a work of art really.
Annealeze has one problem that is making me look at a different machine. The problem is the wheels are made if some type of plastic maybe delrin. When the hot annealed case drops into the slot in the lower wheel the delrin starts to melt and after about 30 cases the delrin will start to make the case stick in the lower wheel and also leave some plastic residue on the case that has to be manually removed. Its a pain in the XXX. The wheels should be made of metal. I am looking at the machine on mikesreloadingbench.

Annealeze has one problem that is making me look at a different machine. The problem is the wheels are made if some type of plastic maybe delrin. When the hot annealed case drops into the slot in the lower wheel the delrin starts to melt and after about 30 cases the delrin will start to make the case stick in the lower wheel and also leave some plastic residue on the case that has to be manually removed. Its a pain in the XXX. The wheels should be made of metal. I am looking at the machine on mikesreloadingbench.
We solved that problem by wrapping wheel in Emory cloth and gluing down seems to be working

You will seldom find me annealing but the video on the $200 induction annealer (just search for induction annealing brass $200)
intrigued me so I assembled one. This is a legitimate method and you can precisely adjust the heating time. Precise heating has always been my beef with annealing methods and this setup makes damaging brass very unlikely. The case is automatically centered in the coil of wire when activated and you can stop the heat at the exact right moment. Takes about 8 second per round but that could be shortened if you can move between cases in less that 4 seconds as set in the video. Is also heats more quickly the closer the coil size is to the brass size. I thought it couldn't be that easy but it is and works great.

I am in the market for a annealing machine but they aren't cheap I made a post for a used one in the classified section. A couple quick question.

what ones are good ones that you would recommend?
what ones should I stay away from?
what are the issues with the good and bad ones? And does anyone have one they want to part with?
I have a bench source machine that I have been considering parting with. I just don't do as much reloading anymore. It is in practically new condition and has been sitting on my shelf for about five years.

I am in the market for a annealing machine but they aren't cheap I made a post for a used one in the classified section. A couple quick question.

what are the issues with the good and bad ones? And does anyone have one they want to part with?
I only have three or four different cases that I need one for so I just ordered the BenchSource. They were very helpful and nice to deal with. I couldnt justify 1000 plus price tag for what I needed it for so I felt this was the one for me. Should be here in 3-4 weeks.

I only have three or four different cases that I need one for so I just ordered the BenchSource. They were very helpful and nice to deal with. I couldnt justify 1000 plus price tag for what I needed it for so I felt this was the one for me. Should be here in 3-4 weeks.
they told me the same thing it shipped in like a week i ran hoses to mine of a big tank and made shims out of 1/2 copper tubing for adjusting the torch tips

I use the Giraud annealer. Similar to the Bench Source, but you can load a bunch in the 'hopper' and just let it go. I use the Tempalaq to verify the temp range and flame on test pieces before letting it run.
I got one of these for 223 brass. Time setting the flame is reduced using Tempalaq. This is a great machine for bulk annealing.

I have a Giraud. It does a good job. I looked at annealeze. It looked like a good design.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.