Boyd’s AT One vs. Magpul Hunter

ShootnMathews

I'm looking at getting a new stock for my Ruger American Predator 22-250 for coyote hunting. I love the rifle. It's a nail driver. I hate the stock. I'm considering a Boyd's AT One and the Magpul Hunter. What your alls opinions on these??
IMG_5996.jpeg
IMG_5989.jpeg
IMG_5567.jpeg

IMO this puts the Boyds ahead of the Magpul. Just my two cents worth.

But the Magpul has that too. Honestly, I have the Magpul, a friend has the Boyds. Mine is heavier than his and has only slightly less adjustability. I don't like adjustable wood stocks and he wanted the thumbgrip (he got the one with a thumbhole style wrist). Tit for tat, it's honestly personal choice. I'll take he weight of an aluminum bedding block over wood any day.

IMO this puts the Boyds ahead of the Magpul. Just my two cents worth.

If I go Boyd's I'd definitely go with the mag adapter. The Magpul comes already accepting Aics style mags

I have both and I prefer the Magpul. I can't believe I said that, but I like the way the Magpul feels under recoil better and it is just more comfortable for me. I see that MDT just dropped a stock that looks just like the Hunter version as well and here is a link for you, just another option at some point since the initial offering is not for the Ruger: https://mdttac.com/mdt-field-stock/

I don't think you could go wrong with either.

My buddy has a Magpul and it was fine also. I just felt that a laminated stock would be a better base to bed, which is something I'd possibly opt for. Plenty of people hunt with that stock, it's just a personal choice.

Have two of the AT1 stocks. One on a howa Grendel. The other on a CZ453 V 22LR. The CZ stock fit like a glove. The howa had to have barrel channel work done. But both shoot excellent. Like the adjustability of the AT1, but its a little heavy. Right one is the CZ

Attachments

• 20230620_212254.jpg
    20230620_212254.jpg
    556.5 KB · Views: 20