Blocked bolt with reloaded ammo

Hi! I'm new reloading ammo, and I have a problem. When I insert the my cartidge and I close the bolt everything is fine. When I open it with NO shoot, everything is fine and smooth. But after shooting a round, I can't open the bolt very well. Sometimes it takes for a while to extract it, because it is blocked.
This doesn't happen with factory loads. What can I do? What is the mistake?

Thank you

You've gotten a lot of sound advice in this thread, glad it worked out for you safely.

That's why I like this website. Mostly good people on here.

It's all good and well when people start throwing out loads and saying what velocity they are getting and how accurate it is. But in the end, you have to listen to what YOUR rifle and components are telling you. Different brands of brass have different volumes and some can show signs of pressure much quicker.

If there were a set of official truths of reloading, a reloader's creed if you will, that would have to be near the top: "every rifle is a law unto itself". I once had a weatherby vanguard in 300 win that had freebore, like lots of freebore. Not a weatherby mag, the plain old win mag. standard specs don't show anywhere near that much freebore for this cartridge but in mine it was almost impossible to reach the lands with any lighter bullets

If there were a set of official truths of reloading, a reloader's creed if you will, that would have to be near the top: "every rifle is a law unto itself". I once had a weatherby vanguard in 300 win that had freebore, like lots of freebore. Not a weatherby mag, the plain old win mag. standard specs don't show anywhere near that much freebore for this cartridge but in mine it was almost impossible to reach the lands with any lighter bullets
That's pretty common actually in all WBY's no matter the caliber.

I am sure it is RS50, and my data too, I found it in the manufacturer's website.

I didn't have problems with the bolt all the time, in my first loads I didn't have problem. I can't remember when this problem started, but I think 43.5 was ok. As I said, I'm new on this, and I didn't know that was a sign of pressure. If when I shoot 43.5 (it is 1.3 grains less than now) one more time is has the same problem I will drastically reduce the load.
Not to sound like a d-bag here but it sounds to me like you need to find an experienced re loader and have them help you out before you blow your gun up. There are a lot of things that can go wrong if you are not educated on proper reloading techniques and equipment calibration.

Not to sound like a d-bag here but it sounds to me like you need to find an experienced re loader and have them help you out before you blow your gun up. There are a lot of things that can go wrong if you are not educated on proper reloading techniques and equipment calibration.

Full agreement but as others have done there's a lot of much nicer, more welcoming and inviting ways to say the same thing.

I hadn't heard that before but certainly believe it.

It's part of Roy's "magic" in how he attained much higher velocities with still reasonable pressures. A smooth bore is much faster, once the bullet engages the lands, pressure builds dramatically and instantly.

This is why you have to be cognizant of the distance as a major factor when considering pressure or showing pressure signs.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.