Ammo and Reloading Component Availability

Well mine is just hearsay also. A guy on snipers hide and a guy on surplus rifle forum both said the same thing. Where they got it I do not know

Thanks , I could see it being true . I have a hard time believing that the public is buying it all up (all of it).

No problem. I'm no conspirosy theorist but I can believe this. My gun store says he call his distributer and they can not get powder. The distributor says no one they get powder from has any. Say it's just not out there to get. So going on that I can believe the govt is blocking it from coming in

We have seen that they will use what ever means they have to reach their goal, but it would seem a violation of commerce rules to hold it back for too long. That could put a company out of business. You would think Hogden or who ever would be making alot of noise about it if their product, hence revenue, was being held up in customs. Nevertheless, this could be what's going on.
But what about primers and bullets? They are all in great shortage too.
In any case, I hope it ends soon so we can get back to shooting as normal.

My local gun store owner told me last week it is really bad with no end in sight. I have known him for over 20 years. He told me I shouldn't even think of buying another rifle now, and the rifle I was thinking about was in stock at the distributor. He is looking out for me. Components are the problem, nothing coming thru, no idea when it will break free.

I think the government has put the break on things. I really think that is the case.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts