Black Rifle Kabooms

xsn10s

I see people pushing their loads for black rifles, which is fine after all we still live in a free country. I used to push mine too since I have a 5.56 chamber and the pressures are higher. But I've seen catastrophic failures on pistols and shotguns. So it does concern me. Here are some photos if you are trying to get the most velocity out of your AR's. Nowadays I don't go for higher velocities, I concentrate of accuracy.

I load for my AR's. And have loaded for Glocks when I've owned them.

I have seen at least a dozen KB's, most with handguns, a couple with rifles. Squibs and bullet setback in the handguns mainly, a couple double charges (we think, all evidence is gone when it blows up). Glocks, 1911/2011, XD etc. At least one of the Glocks was due to improper spring rates, but it just puked the mag and contents out the bottom in pieces.....

Rifle KB's that I have seen have all been just plain negligence on the part of the person loading them ammo. A 270 loaded by scooping the case full in a bowl of powder, and an AR-15 using the wrong powder all together verified by pulling the ammo and visually matching it to what he had.

Glock says to not shoot reloads in their pistols but almost everyone I know that has them reload for them.
I'm with xsn10s on loading for accuracy is number one in my book.Targets won't know the difference.
Not only do they say don't do it but if they find out the damage was from reloads it will void your warranty and they will send you your pile of pieces back.

I have seen at least a dozen KB's, most with handguns, a couple with rifles. Squibs and bullet setback in the handguns mainly, a couple double charges (we think, all evidence is gone when it blows up). Glocks, 1911/2011, XD etc. At least one of the Glocks was due to improper spring rates, but it just puked the mag and contents out the bottom in pieces.....

Rifle KB's that I have seen have all been just plain negligence on the part of the person loading them ammo. A 270 loaded by scooping the case full in a bowl of powder, and an AR-15 using the wrong powder all together verified by pulling the ammo and visually matching it to what he had.
Hey , some compressed loads look like you just-take a case , scoop up the powder and shake a little off.

Not only do they say don't do it but if they find out the damage was from reloads it will void your warranty and they will send you your pile of pieces back.
Yeah Glock and most other manufacturers won't honor a warranty with reloads. I still do but am extra careful with the Glocks.

Recent Posts