Bitten by the rifle building bug!

The triggers on my old (pre accutrigger 110) flatbacks got some easy work done. Pulled the spring our thats about .080 and replaced it woth spinner bait wire about .035. Bend with needle nose to match. Dont go below 2lbs is what ive read for safty.

I cycled the action quite bit before i left it where it is. Made a big difference.
The triggers on my old (pre accutrigger 110) flatbacks got some easy work done. Pulled the spring our thats about .080 and replaced it woth spinner bait wire about .035. Bend with needle nose to match. Dont go below 2lbs is what ive read for safty.

I cycled the action quite bit before i left it where it is. Made a big difference.
I really can no longer say that I 'have to have' another rifle. It is all about want and feeding the addiction. So, my latest project is a Savage 110 (non-accutrigger). It is currently chambered in 270 Win, with a sporter weight barrel. The barrel and action have really nice gloss bluing on them, which I am thinking should stay the way it is. I am thinking that I am going to build it in 300 PRC or 6.5x284. The idea being to build a medium distance Elk / Occassional long range target rifle out of it. All of my recent purchases have been Varmint Weight barrels to add stiffness, and cut down on recoil. I am ready to order my barrel and wondered if I could get a few opinions on what contour you would like to see on this rifle, if it were yours. I may build it, load for it, make it shoot, take it on a hunt, and then maybe sell it. So, I don't want to install something that is only attractive/functional for me. I also don't want to start a caliber debate, if possible. I've got other rifles in quite a few of the calibers that surround these two, and I am making my decision based on availability of good factory ammo, and pure performance toward the intended use mentioned above. Let's hear it!
I am currently building an 6.5 PRC on and m77 Ruger mag action w an hardy carbon fiber barrel hoping to do an little long range shooting but mostly for hunting elk / moose / deer /pronghorns this will be my last rifle i hope to can it also . i did an lot of studying on the round and felt recoil. I highly recommend this round.

I am currently building an 6.5 PRC on and m77 Ruger mag action w an hardy carbon fiber barrel hoping to do an little long range shooting but mostly for hunting elk / moose / deer /pronghorns this will be my last rifle i hope to can it also . i did an lot of studying on the round and felt recoil. I highly recommend this round.

I have an M77 in 7mm Rem Mag. I love that rifle. It shoots ragged holes with 168gr VLD's on top of 64.7gr of H4831. Those actions are some of the best looking actions in my opinion. The stainless bolt with blued action, that Mauser style claw... just a real elegant, reliable and (in my case for sure) very accurate design.... I wish there was more aftermarket support for this action really..

the m77 i had was an 7m mag also i didnt shoot that good , but shot ok . i just have an bro that works for as cnc machinist is labor is cheap for me , and i have some experience in the machining world . between us we are doing the 6.5 prc mostly because of the bc of the 6.5 bullets . like i said triing to build my last rifle ha,ha

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.