bino harness suggestion

andym

Hello all,
I have a basic elastic harness that I've used for a couple years. It's fine as long as you're standing. I've seen ones now that partially incase the bino's which also protects the eye pieces from debris. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Andy

Fhf is great and great customer service 2nd to none. That being said I'm currently using Kuiu just because they are quiter when bow hunting:). Both are top of the food chain in my opinion, for what that's worth:)

I have the badland. It covers the entire bino in a case and locks magneticly

Have these as well and absolultly Love how the magnetic lock works. Badlands does a superb job of covering my Zeiss Conquests that came with worthless lens covers. Also has a small hydro bladder built into the straps. Nice Feature

I have the badland. It covers the entire bino in a case and locks magneticly

x3, super quick in and out, don't have to attach your binos so you can let your buddy look through them. I also had the horn hunter and personally it was crap. I keep a few elk calls and my tag in my bino case, it works out nicely.

** I just watched a short video on the kuiu, and I'll tell you right now that no one will wear the chest strap that tight. Maybe for bird watching but when you are trucking up and down mountains you're gonna be huffn and a puffin. That tight strap will be loosened immediately.

Last edited:
I used badlands for years. They suck, no two ways about it. The top tips forward because the top straps are in the wrong spot, the top tips forward even more when belly crawling on Antelope, then the front opens up dumping your $2000 binos in the dirt. Anything will work when standing, well except for a badlands harness, as the front snaps closed every time you pull the binos out.

The KUIU works as advertised, held snug even when belly crawling. Loosen the top straps (which don't actually carry weight) and the binos can come out of the harness and placed on a tripod. If you set the side straps for a snug fit with cold weather clothes and tape the tag ends, you can easily snug up the side straps when wearing a thin hot weather top. The main difference with the KUIU is that the side straps hold the weight. That requires the pouch to be higher than most others. The top opens out and stays folded over, setting the top lid tension will ensure the lid snaps over the top of the binos. My old badlands required two hands to reopen the pouch and put the binos back in, the KUIU has worked for me one handed thru my Elk hunt. The back of the KUIU is open and needles will get in there. If that's a concern the FHF or Alaska versions would be the ones to look at.

When I was army crawling in africa my binos stayed in the case just fine. But then again not everyone rolls around on the ground while hunting.

I thought everyone rolls around on the ground hunting?? Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

I have the Alaska Guide Creations and attach the binos and range finder with FHF lanyards. Excellent combo

My vote goes for the FHF Gear bino harness. I have it and it's awesome. Stays snug to your chest. All my friends that hunt with me have their own binos so letting someone look through my binos is not a big issue. I do have to unsnap it it from the harness when I want to put them on a tripod but it doesn't really bother me since I am taking the time to set the tripod up anyway.

I have two different set ups that I'm trying this year the lock down and the new eberlestock nose gunner the lock down is very light and compact and the nose gunner hooks into my pack straps and has a built-in pistol holster but is pretty big so far I like them both but haven't used them in the field yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.