Kuiu Bino pouch / harness

SidecarFlip

Not sure this is the correct forum but, I'm considering one (with the accessory pack). Anyone have an opinion on them? Pro or con? I have a pair of Swaro EL's (not range finding) and I'l like to have some protection that my present harness don't offer.

As it is now, I keep my present harness under my Superdown jacket and unzip it to glass which is a PITA at times. I see the pouch has side pockets, looks like a good place for my rangefinder too. Considering the small backpack that attaches to the harness for rain gear and shooting sticks. No hydration needed. Bottled water in my pocket is fine.

I ran the new Kuiu harness and this year with a rangefinder holder added on. I use on side pocket on the bino holder for my kestrel and the other my wind indicator. Works absalutely phenomenal and was not overly bulky compared to some. The harness part is great, I thought I would be having to adjust it but I've found it seems to fit very well if I'm in a tee shirt or my heavy winter layers. Hold a bino at the right place and securely, I like that you can bent the holder to keep you settings correct. How the bino hooks to the harness is soooo nice, I way to pop of and hand to someone else. Really like them!!!

I have not used the Kuiu but a similar design in the eberlestock what I did not like is the lid design when optics cover is open it is bulky and in the way.
Closing it took a glance down at the lid and usually some adjustments to make sure it was on correctly.
I really liked the badlands Mag Bino Case but my Leica rangefinder bios didn't fit.
I tried the Badlands Bino X didn't like them. Lid didn't fold out of the way and the pocket for the bio was not deep enough. If you left the lid open and bent down a little the binos tended to fall out of the pack.
Them I got the Marsupial Gear bino Pack. They work great. bios stay in pocket nicely when lid is open. Magnetized lid flips all the way out of the way when open and stays there with the magnet. One hand to close without having to look down to make sure its closed properly."like the Badlands Mag Bino Case"
The only thing is they are open on the sides when closed which they still provide the protection they are designed for, but do let a little dust/rain/elements into the case.
But the trade off there is in cold or damp weather they don't trap your body heat in the case causing the optics to fog up.
Which to me is almost the nicest feature.

I really like my FHF bino harness. Easy on and off, super comfortable and no problems in a lot of miles.

I ran the new Kuiu harness and this year with a rangefinder holder added on. I use on side pocket on the bino holder for my kestrel and the other my wind indicator. Works absalutely phenomenal and was not overly bulky compared to some. The harness part is great, I thought I would be having to adjust it but I've found it seems to fit very well if I'm in a tee shirt or my heavy winter layers. Hold a bino at the right place and securely, I like that you can bent the holder to keep you settings correct. How the bino hooks to the harness is soooo nice, I way to pop of and hand to someone else. Really like them!!!

Do you have a product link to the range finder pouch?

I also ran the Kuiu this year and was very happy with it for use with my Leica Geovid 8x40's. Light weight, low profile, and a great fit. The elastic side pockets were used to conveniently carry my Kestrel and a wind dust bottle. A matching rangefinder pouch, sized well for a Sig 2400 dimensioned RF, fits nicely on the side of the bino holder.
https://www.kuiu.com/hunting-pack-a...r=Verde2.0&cgid=pack-packaccessories#start=18

https://www.kuiu.com/shop/mountain-gear/bino-harnesses/

I ran the essentials set up pictured above. Kuiu has thought things out down to the little detail too, everything fits together in a very secure manner. The little zippered pocket on the side fits my licences perfect too. You can set it up to be an ultra lite kill kit basically which is slick!!!

Last edited:
I ordered one last weekend and received it Thursday.

Is it just me, or is the front zipper pocket practically useless? I can't even fit my fingers in there.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.