Bill S 223 the start of comunism in Canada!

Wild Bill G

A retiring Liberal senator here in Canada has proposed a new gun Bill. She wants to remove the word registry from the law and put in the word conscription. All semi auto matic firearms except 22 rimfire rifles will become conscripted firearms. They wil have to be taken to a designated firearm storage facility and locked up. The only way we can use these firearms is if we meet the new standards set out.
I am not sure about others but not that long ago a gentleman in Germany did this type of thing and that went real well!!. This senator believes that England has done this type of thing and it is working real good. She neglects to say how even the police there are unarmed until they retrieve thier firearms from the trunk of the vehicle. This kind of legistation is only needed if governments are putting in rules that really upset thier people.

When is this conscription bill supposed to be voted on and can it be vetoed? Does it have any effect on somebody coming into Canada from the US with firearms to go hunting?

A retiring Liberal senator here in Canada has proposed a new gun Bill. She wants to remove the word registry from the law and put in the word conscription. All semi auto matic firearms except 22 rimfire rifles will become conscripted firearms. They wil have to be taken to a designated firearm storage facility and locked up. The only way we can use these firearms is if we meet the new standards set out.
I am not sure about others but not that long ago a gentleman in Germany did this type of thing and that went real well!!. This senator believes that England has done this type of thing and it is working real good. She neglects to say how even the police there are unarmed until they retrieve thier firearms from the trunk of the vehicle. This kind of legistation is only needed if governments are putting in rules that really upset thier people.

Does Canada have a registry of individuals that already own those firearms? What does the composition of Canada's legislative body that would vote on such a bill look like? Do the leftists have a sizeable majority? I am pretty sure that the current PM in Canada would definitely like to see such proposals become law. If the Canada does not have a registry then perhaps the only viable solution would be for the owners of the firearms to hide them well until the political climate changes. If the Canadian Govt already has such a list then Canadian gun owners are going to have some decisions to make...

It would be wise for all US gun owners to take note of these events to our North. If Hitler-y Clinton gets elected and the GOP loses its majority in the Senate and god forbid the House this very sort of insanity will be heading out way, fast.

The only chance we have to stop this (and other worse things) is to get all of the 75+ million gun owners in this country out to vote, and vote R across the ballot.

Thing that should be on the Canadians mind is what sort of craziness is going to be inflicted on them after they are disarmed

Sorry for the delay here. Appearntly this proposed Bill has been dropped. There was never much said about it in the news. Our system really sucks we have Senators but they are pretty much useless if we have a majority government. Yes we do have a regestry of our pistols and restricted weapons. Our long gun regestry was removed except in Quebec.
In most cases our government in power put in bills that have to pass readings and are then voted on. Our Senators then look at them and eithe pass them or not. Trouble is government in power can appoint new Senators of their liking. So it is a bit of a joke the way it plays out. Our Prime Minister and Hillary will love each other much alike the 2 of them.

Here is my plan.

If Clinton wins we need to have Alaska, the Western provinces of Canada, then down through the fly over states in the mid West US states. (Excluding Colorado, they are out of their minds there.) Along with Texas. Then we form a new union based on the freedoms set forth by our founding fathers. This land mas would have all the production and natural recourse wealth, along with two major port states. We win.

Steve

Here is my plan.

If Clinton wins we need to have Alaska, the Western provinces of Canada, then down through the fly over states in the mid West US states. (Excluding Colorado, they are out of their minds there.) Along with Texas. Then we form a new union based on the freedoms set forth by our founding fathers. This land mas would have all the production and natural recourse wealth, along with two major port states. We win.

Steve

Amen to that

Agree 100%

If not a member of NRA already, should join. Clinton hates the NRA, so they must be doing something right. If every firearm owner would join there ranks, I do not think they would mess around with anti gun laws if 10's of millions joined the NRA.

The folks in Canada did elect a very liberal Prime Minister I understand. For the life of me I cant understand what the heck is going on there and here with our elected officials. I actually do understand what going on here in the states, but I just dont like it. Hopefully it changes in November.

What happened as usual the election was over once the east had their say. Eastern Canada loves the Liberals because they get what ever they want when the Libs are in power.

Here is my plan.

Steve
Don't exclude Colorado! We can just run the liberals out. We do out gun them. Denver, fort Collins, Greeley, Colorado Springs, is where most of the liberal force is in Colorado, and they give the rest of us a bad name.

Don't exclude Colorado! We can just run the liberals out. We do out gun them. Denver, fort Collins, Greeley, Colorado Springs, is where most of the liberal force is in Colorado, and they give the rest of us a bad name.

Sorry, I could not resist. You guys are back in, as long as you clean house. We will have to take care of Missoula here in MT, so we are even.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.