better all around

big head 1

what is a better bullet for hunting and accurecey? in a 270 win bolt. barnes 130 mrx or nosler 140 accubond? i shoot only colmbia black tail up to 600 yards.

For that specific quarry or any other for that matter I'd go with the Accubond, or even the HPSP Interlock. Either bullet will perform well farther than the 600 yds you mentioned.
I've shot some XBTs but for reasons I can't remember I went back to the Accubonds.

Just my 2 cents.

i'm with Meichele, i've never heard anyone talk favorable about the mrx bullets. on the other hand i don't think i've ever heard anyone say anything bad about the accubonds. blacktails are pretty small. a ballistic tip would probably work well.

My vote goes for the accubond.- <usually very accurate, and great terminal ballistics in general.-

I have no experience with the MRX bullets,but the TSX or very accurate every bit as accurate as the AccuBond or the SMKs in my experience with them........

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.