Best "universal" flip caps ?

cohunt

I just bought a meopta meopro optika5 4-20×50 scope and I'm looking for a higher quality flip cap than the old butler creek's

Who makes good ones that will fit my scope? Front objective (50mm) is 2.25", rear is 1 11/16"

If you spent good money on your glass and you want to protect it, nothing else comes close to Aadland. All my nice scopes get them. Their customer service is great too, I had a scope that wasn't listed on their website and they asked me what the dimensions were and made caps for it. Their throw levers are also the best on the market by far.

Anyone know how to get in contact with Aadmount to order some caps? I tried their "contact us" form but it kicks it back. Tried an email to [email protected] and that returned as blocked. Crazy.

You could try emailing [email protected]

Their website seems to be all sorts of jacked up right now, I clicked on the link on Google and it sent me to some clothing retailer. Not sure what is going on.

I just bought a meopta meopro optika5 4-20×50 scope and I'm looking for a higher quality flip cap than the old butler creek's

Who makes good ones that will fit my scope? Front objective (50mm) is 2.25", rear is 1 11/16"
What's your issue with Butler creek? I've run them for over 10 years now and never had any issues. Just curious why you specifically don't want them

butler creek jut seems cheesy to me I know they cover the lenses but they seem cheap. I like the ones Leopold comes with. I need to get some for my Leica, Nikon & Sig

Some seem to not fit quite right, some- the cap won't stay on, but the main issue is with the hinge-- a few have broken, and others have lost the hinge pin--

^This^
Same experience here. Caps pop open at will, don't stay closed as they should. Very content with the Leupold Alumina but had the same questions when looking for similar caps for Nightforce and Trijicon optics. I ended up with Tenebraex and haven't been disappointed, they're just not as svelte and classy as the ones that thread on. AADMOUNT is new to me, but looks to compare in cost and appearance with the Tenebraex-I may give them a try too.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts