NF ATACR flip caps

my82cam

I just purchased an ATACR and really like it. The problem I am having is with the flip caps, the rear turns easily to adjust where I need it as I change the magnification, the front flips up with the sunshade on but flips down and lays on the barrel with the sunshade off. How do I adjust the front flip cap, I see no adjustment and it doesn't want to spin. I don't want to mess it up or get it stuck on there, any help would be great. Thanks

Got it, thanks! It pops straight off, it didn't want to come off at first, but after a few times it is easy enough to move. I thought if I twisted or pushed too much more it was gonna break, just needed a tad more.

Last edited:
I completely understand! I was scared that I was going to break the scope the first time I took the covers off.

Just saw that you live in Nashville. I grew up in Bellevue. What part of Nashville do you live?

Are there any ranges on that side of town? The only range I know of is at the Cheatham County Wildlife Management Area. It has a 100 yard range. I moved away from Nashville in 1997, but go back several times a year to visit my mother and sister.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.