Best Recoil Pad ?

Varmint Hunter

I'm looking to replace the Rem factory recoil pad on my Rem 700LSS in 300 RUM. The rifle is box stock and a bit light for this cartridge. I'd rather not install a break.

Which aftermarket recoil pad does the best job of taming recoil?

I've always used Pacmyer's Deccelerator in the past with good results. I've also heard very good reviews about the Simms Vibration Lab's pad. Past's recoil pads are also supposed to be very good but I have no experience with them or the Simms. I know that Pacmyer and Simms are making "replacement pads" so as to eliminate the need for major fitting work.

For purely reduced felt recoil, the Kick Eez recoil pads are the best I have ever used. They however are not the most durable recoil pad if you use your rifle hard.

In most cases, the Pach Decelorator is very hard to beat for good reduction in felt recoil and also in durability. Plus they offer prefit pads for many of the more common rifle models.

Kirby Allen(50)

At our shop we put pads on for tons of people a year. For the best fit we recommend the Kick EEZ pads, they tend to grind very nicely if you want a really nice look. Now most of these we put on high priced shotguns where a smooth transition from stock to pad is key.

We also sell a lot of Pachymer pads and I aint never heard any complaints.

As for the Sims Limbsaver pads I think they are great and their pre fit pads usually fit very nicely. Their grind pads tend to grind poorly unless you use a lot of lubricant or freeze them, I have heard that freezing them works very nicely.

I have not seen any Kick EEZ pads tear up but they are usually on shotguns shooting 2 3/4 dram 1oz-1 1/8oz loads so the difference between that and hunting rifle loads should be a different story. The material that Kick EEZ pads are made of is called Sorbathene which is supposed to absorbed recoil itself while also being very soft.

good luck
steve

I put a sims pad on my turkey/goose 870-3.5" super mag. Really helps with those 2 1/4 ounce loads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif, would buy another.
My AR-30 338 lapua, came with the Pacmyer Dec., and I would rate it very good as well.
Probably the two top rated pads, that I have seen anyway.

the remington R3 pad is made by simms labratory. I like the R3 on my 300RUM, but i also have a brake. simms is good stuff

My experience says go for the Limbsaver.

I used the nonfitted one and left it at full width at the rear. Put it in the freezer to sand to fit. I didn't know that when I did mine but will in the future.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.