Remington's R3 recoil pad.

marketello

Remington\'s R3 recoil pad.

I am thinking about buying a Remington CDL in either 06 or 7MM. Remington sells their R3 recoil pad as being "designed" by Limbsaver, is that the same as saying Limbsaver is making these recoil pads?

Is the R3 pad a recoil pad that Limbsaver sells as an after market, how would you rate the R3? Would you be statisfied with this recoil pad, or be looking for a better one?

Thank you.

Re: Remington\'s R3 recoil pad.

I've been told that Rem is using a Limbsaver pad under its"Rem name". I really like the Limbsaver. It is better than the Pach Decelerator for me. Only complaints I've heard is that the pad is "soft". That softness changes the recoil curve and does make a difference to me when shooting identical rifles with each pad. Other people seem to prefer the Pach. Ford or Chevy? You'll need to shoot & compare, but the limbsaver is a good pad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.