best range finder

Batchelor

What the best range finder for a budget I know you get what you pay for..... and what range will it range at? thanks for any help

Leica 1600 CRF , $500 to $600 used $750 new.

Mine went to 1995 yards on a pine tree in the evening light

If you want lots of reading on this subject type the title of this thread in the search box in the upper right corner of any page. Probably the single most asked question on this site.

Jeff

+1 for the Leica 1600

I have not had the chance to thoroughly test mine out but first day I had it I ranged a snow covered roof top from 1806 yds repeatedly. I upgraded from a leupold 750. Comparing them both side by side the optics are amazingly better. Depending how far your looking to use it maybe look into a leica 1000? Cameralandny had them on sale for 399 a few weeks ago when I checked.

Another vote for the Leica. I have a 1600B that I have ranged to 1900 on a barn and on a canyon wall. I especially like the compact size.

Been having a blast with my G7 BR2! I can't remember how far but on range mode only I got 2500 or so off a tripod. Only ranges out to 1400 on comp mode. Best investment I have maid. +1 on Jeff's comment also

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.