What is the cheapest and best 1000yd range finder?

Athlon Midas 1 Mile Rangefinder for only $179.99
Fully Multi-Coated Lenses
Fully Multicoated optics effectively reduces reflected light and increases the transmission of light giving you a brighter image than normal single coated lenses

Waterproof
Waterproof to protect the product in the harshest weather conditions or if accidentally submerged underwater

Diopter adjustment
Adjusts for precise focus on display

Angle Compensation Mode
Provides true horizontal distance to target

Line of Sight Mode
Provides actual line of sight range

Scan Mode
Allows you to get quick readings on different objects or tracking a moving target

Dual Units of Measurement of Distance (Y/M)
Ranges in yards or meters

Effective Ranging Distance
5-1700 yards
Have any of you guys tested one of these out??

Soft skin
I use the Gunwerks G-7, if my memory serves me right, I hit a cow at 1782 + or- out in Oklahoma last December bright sunlight day. Mine is several years old and is has very fast resolution. Gunwerks now has a new R.F. that has a few more very good options , it is called the REVIC , a couple of my friends have upgraded to it and love it, it is smaller and they think it is even faster than their old G-7, with many more functions.

Yup you were there!

I will say, if I'm remembering correctly, the Lecia was quicker at distance and more forgiving on aiming as well. It's a sweet device.
If I recall, we were always 3 yards different. With the Maven being 3 yards less. Regardless the distance.

I just checked Ebay and they are called bushnell fusion 1 mile so the newest ones they apperently claim to be able to get range readings to a mile which I kind of doubt but in my opinion if they are good to 1500 yds that is way more than enough and the prices were from 500 to 700 dollars , I have two pairs because maybe grandsons might not be carefull sometimes so I got a fresh pair and gave the old ones which still work fine to the boys

I use the Gunwerks G-7, if my memory serves me right, I hit a cow at 1782 + or- out in Oklahoma last December bright sunlight day. Mine is several years old and is has very fast resolution. Gunwerks now has a new R.F. that has a few more very good options , it is called the REVIC , a couple of my friends have upgraded to it and love it, it is smaller and they think it is even faster than their old G-7, with many more functions.
The new Revic is also a more affordable. I have the G-7 and the ballistic app works great as long as you have accurate data plugged into it.

I would like to find the best bang for the buck range finder that will truly range to at least 1000yds

You asked for the best bang for the buck, (Buy once cry once) Ge t a good set of Bino's with a LR and AB installed and can go at least 2K so you can range 1K. Always double what range you want to see. Glass is another issue. You want to be able to look through glass all day.
Don't just get a "Range Finder" Get a set of good Binos with RF and good AB program.

Last edited: