Best Lost Then Found Item Hunting

My mother put my Swarovski spotting scope in a drawer under blankets that never get used. We tore up my house, a friends and a trailer. We'd given up when my daughter found it while organizing a move.

In its case she thought it was a thermos of some sort. Fortunately asked if it was OK to toss.

I was deer hunting in 1997 one evening after school on a 4000 acre ranch my Dad managed. Well, somewhere in the hunt I dropped my wallet. I went back and tried to retrace my steps but couldn't find it. I was so bummed because it had my deer tag in it and that meant my hunt for that year was over.

Fast forward to June 2020. The ranch owners son pulled into my parents driveway. Got out and handed them my wallet. It had been laying in a field for almost 23 years!! Still had everything in it. Thought that was pretty crazy!!

Ive lost many, found some.Heres one, last day rifle season finds me deep in wilderness area, I cut up this ridge to meet guy from other side.While on top I heard bull bugle down where Id been, this late November, 6-8 '' snow. My buddy shows up and we gain more on ridges, a cow steps out and the bow hunter in me looks thru bin then nice bull crosses.YAH ,Im dumb last day hiking. Get kinda arguing with my bud,sya he could shot, said why didn't you? He's talking tot loud. I say Im going back down where I heard elk bugle, he says Im nuts elk aren't talking its winter.Then I look down in bottom and I see a bull stand up, then another.We get them.Super steeple put our crampons on and go down and 1/4 them.Pack out next day with small army of friends. When I get to truck I see only one Ivory in skull, had 2. Go back next spring, bout 3 miles up no trail canyon, my pup dog barely cross creek, get washed down once. Ribbin here and there last time on pack out.Im up where I think I took break and tossed elk head down, look and there the ivory.

Had a great morning of elk hunting, my partner was able to arrow a dandy bull in an absolute HELL HOLE. We were able to quarter and get it hung up, we each grabbed a hind quarter and made it out by dark. Fast forward to the next afternoon after being completely wiped out we get back to the trail head. He looks down and finds his brand-new S&W ultralight revolver missing!

We bail back down in the hole, me being completely wore out i took my sweet time re-tracing our steps. He made it down to the creek so fast he was all worked up!

I found a nice stump on a switchback to stop and take a break - I just happened to look down below the huckleberry brush - low n behold here's that darn pistol!

Talk about luck!

While guiding a winter steelhead trip....little stream..semi clear water....
Got the client hooked up on a nice chromer..I row to bank to let him fight the fish...drop anchor and I hear "oh no"...I look around and see he still has the fish on the line......then the rod flies out of his hand......apparently he has a nerve problem and could feel it coming on....
$500 rod/reel combo in the water....I tie on a treblehook to try to get the line or rod...no go....at dinner that nite he hands me a check to cover the combo.....we go back up the next day..looking into the riffles I could see the rod hung up in the rocks...got it to the boat...checked it out..seemed fine...gave him his check back.....couple days later another client was making a hook set and and the top third snapped off.....bad spot from rubbing on the rocks.....
So first guy lost rod and fish.....
Second guy lost a possible chance....
And the rod went back for replacemet....
Back when LIFETIME WARRANTIES meant something......

I was ice fishing Lake Champlain south of Port Henry on channel many years ago. Over 2' of ice so pretty solid for trucks etc. We had our tip ups in and BS'ing in middle of spread. I was casually kicking at a red maple leaf (so I thought) iced in hard slush. While talking my boot hit something hard and it popped up onto ice. It was a brand new Swiss Army knife that I thought was a red leaf caught in slush in top of ice! So how in heck do I end up in middle of no where on wide open ice do I find a brand new Swiss Army knife!! I still have the knife today!!!

Me and a buddy bought a truck load of golf carts from a dealer. The golf carts had been traded from a couple of golf courses before being sold. I kept one to fix up for myself. When I took the body off there was a wallet under the dash. The drivers license had been expired for ten years. This is in Florida and the guy was from Washington state, a dentist. There was $19 in the wallets. I tracked him own he was out of the country so I mailed it too him. At least he knew where he lost his wallet that day

Thanks

Buck