Best/Favorite bullet puller?

I have never seen one of these. Had to google it. Does it damage the bullet or make a mess? I never liked the inertia puller. Kind of a PITA. I have some factory ammo to unload. Will it work pulling bullets with a crimp?
Simplest best puller I have ever used although I don't crimp

I've had the same RCBS inertia puller for about 30 years now. The inertial pullers are so easy to use and, with a bit of paper towel stuffed in the bottom, never mark the bullet. The trick is, especially with factory or crimped ammo, is to seat the bullet just a bit deeper to loosen it before trying to pull it. Also, the term "inertia hammer" should never be used! It's not a hammer! I broke a few of those things before I figured it out, now I've used the same one for years. Tapping the hammer on something solid, like concrete, works best, using only the wrist (never on wood or carpet!). You can whack it hard but you're wasting energy. Just use the wrist, hit it on something solid after the bullet has been broken loose, and keep the cap tight so you don't beat the stuffing out of the collet and you'll find the bullets come out easily & quickly. Of course, the lighter the bullet, such as .22's, can require more hits, while heavy bullets will pop right out with just a few taps. Once the technique has been mastered, the pullers last nearly forever and work amazingly well.
Cheers,
crkckr

Tell my wife
Simplest best puller I have ever used although I don't crimp
I've had the same RCBS inertia puller for about 30 years now. The inertial pullers are so easy to use and, with a bit of paper towel stuffed in the bottom, never mark the bullet. The trick is, especially with factory or crimped ammo, is to seat the bullet just a bit deeper to loosen it before trying to pull it. Also, the term "inertia hammer" should never be used! It's not a hammer! I broke a few of those things before I figured it out, now I've used the same one for years. Tapping the hammer on something solid, like concrete, works best, using only the wrist (never on wood or carpet!). You can whack it hard but you're wasting energy. Just use the wrist, hit it on something solid after the bullet has been broken loose, and keep the cap tight so you don't beat the stuffing out of the collet and you'll find the bullets come out easily & quickly. Of course, the lighter the bullet, such as .22's, can require more hits, while heavy bullets will pop right out with just a few taps. Once the technique has been mastered, the pullers last nearly forever and work amazingly well.
Cheers,
crkckr
Tell my wife

I have found that they make a lot of different enertia style bullet pullers and they all aren't created equal.....thats why you see love and hate for them in most threads on bullet pullers. I have owned and used a Quinetics Corp puller that is awesome and never slips or fails, rcbs green colored plastic. Have three different reloading buddies and they all use different brands and have lots of trouble. One has replaced the collet with shellholders to stop slipping. All in what you use I suppose, I use a foam earplug pushed into the receiving end and with plastic tipped bullets zero damage.

My favorite bullet puller is an RCBS press with a shell holder and no die, with a pair of side cutters on top of the press. Just run the ram up, grip the bullet and pull down. Seldom have to do it, and anything else is just too much trouble, and usually damages the bullet to some degree anyway. This is a quick and easy mistake eraser.

Should the bullet resemble a coke bottle after pulling it won't be accurate.

Frequently cold welding is a factor in performing bullet extractions and can be defeated by using a seating die to give a tiny amount down movement to the cold welded bullet. Hear the cold weld snap free but leave enough bearing surface below the ogive for a collet to to grip.

I use both Hornady Cam Lock & RCBS bullet pullers and have spent a lot of money buying collets. The Hornady Cam Lock is faster but the RCBS is more certain.

I gave up on inertial pullers years ago but upon reading this stuff I will check out the Quinetics Corp. device. I am guessing that the light weight aluminum shell holder supplied with various inertial bullet pullers acts like a safety feature to prevent primer detonation caused by impact forces.

Bullets I want to re-use: Forster collet puller.
Bullets that I don't care about: Vice-Grips used like that "Grip-n-Pull".

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.