Best combination

fuzzystead

I have two guns and two scopes that need to come together. What would be the best combination? The guns are a Remington 700 CDL in a 264 win mag and the other is a Savage model 116 in a 6.5-284. The two scopes I have are a Zeiss 4.5-14x44 with the Z 800 reticle and the other is a Nikon Monarch 3, 5-20x44 SF with. BDC retical.

Thank You Fuzzy

Last edited:
First a quesiton for you.

1. Which gun and scope do you like most?

Both are very capable rounds.

Both scopes are great. The Ziess from what I understand is more useful than the Nikon BDC.

I think I would put the Ziess on the 6.5x284 only for the simple fact I like the round better.

I would put a scope on each gun, and get out late in the day and see which one does the best job under low light. That would be the one I would want on my long range, go-to gun. Seems like low light conditions, either early or late, invariably offer the best trophy opportunity. The big guys ain't dumb, but they might start moving a little early or linger a little late.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.