Best case trimmer I have ever used!

The positive responses about wilson trimmers does not surprise me. I bought mine from an old BR shooter that was getting out of the biz. I have found nothing better. I have even trimmed cut off 223 brass down to 300 whisper length which can be a lot of trimming depending on how close you get with your initial cut. I have 2 cutters with mine and neither has ever needed sharpening.

Hello boys,

I'd like to buy a Wilson case trimmer. Unfortunately Wilson doesn't produce the case holder for the 7x64 Brenneke.
So I like to try to make it myself (I' ve a late). I've just done one but its diameter under the shoulder is not very precise (quite 0,1 mm bigger).
I want to try to remake another one and if I've luck I'd like it was the last.
The question is: could you be so kind to give me the external diameter of the case holder? If you have a digital caliber I'd prefer in mm. Anyway in inch it doesn't matter.
If I'll be able to do it I'm going to buy the Wilson otherwise I have to buy Forster or something else.
(If future I'd like to reload also the 308 Win for which the case holder exist so I like to buy only one good upgradable trimmer. Only for hunting (7 Brenneke) the Forster could have been also a good choice).

Thank you very much for the help.

Ciao Gian...

Hello boys,

I'd like to buy a Wilson case trimmer. Unfortunately Wilson doesn't produce the case holder for the 7x64 Brenneke.
So I like to try to make it myself (I' ve a late). I've just done one but its diameter under the shoulder is not very precise (quite 0,1 mm bigger).
I want to try to remake another one and if I've luck I'd like it was the last.
The question is: could you be so kind to give me the external diameter of the case holder? If you have a digital caliber I'd prefer in mm. Anyway in inch it doesn't matter.
If I'll be able to do it I'm going to buy the Wilson otherwise I have to buy Forster or something else.
(If future I'd like to reload also the 308 Win for which the case holder exist so I like to buy only one good upgradable trimmer. Only for hunting (7 Brenneke) the Forster could have been also a good choice).

Thank you very much for the help.

Ciao Gian...

I made a couple of my own holders out of some scrap 1" Thompson rod. Ran a chamber reamer into it, and it worked. You could also do the samething with drill rod, or even better something like Versalloy (a pretreat 4150 steel that is very common with a ground finished O.D.).
gary

I also have a Wilson trimmer for over 5 years its only been sharpend twice, my Brother has the equipment at to Tool and Die company where he works..
Its a very well built tool.
#1...

I also have a Wilson trimmer for over 5 years its only been sharpend twice, my Brother has the equipment at to Tool and Die company where he works..
Its a very well built tool.
#1...

I also had mine resharpened. The guy looked at the cutter and said it was ground to cut steel, and said he fix that. It now cuts much easier and leaves about 1/4 the burr
gary

If I may ask, which Wilson are you guys and gals using? The basic or with a micrometer and if the micrometer, which one?

Thanks much.

If I may ask, which Wilson are you guys and gals using? The basic or with a micrometer and if the micrometer, which one?

Thanks much.

mine started out as the original, and about fifteen years ago I started to make changes in it. The stand I use is completely different than what Wilson & Sinclair offer, and basicly mounts on a flat vertical aluminum plate with several other case prep pieces attached to it. I made a power driver adapter for it only to have them come out with one the following year! I also rebuilt the cutter head and added a hard steel bushing in it. My micrometer head is similar but a full one inch travel job. A half inch one would have been a little better in my opinion.
gary

Anyone using the WFT 2 from little crow gun works?
I've heard good things, as noted the Wilson is too expensive for multiple chamberings.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.