Berger vs A-Tip for hunting

Badlands has 240 and 250 that are 1:10.May not still have the 240 as I got those a while back ,I never really worked a load up but im going try, I have big alder patches where I hunt some, I did shoot a 6by with a 240 threw shoulder and it went few steps but short range.

Badlands' owner (George) is on this site as nralifer, he has answered the phone the two times I've called and can help you with which of their bullets to use.

The 300 grain Chinchagas are another option. They are more of a tipped hunting bullet with a BC similar to the 300 grain Matchkings (yet another option and one of my favorite long range hunting bullets).

One more option is the 299 ringed matchkings on David Tubbs website. The ring cut helps initiate expansion and that bullet is fine in a 10tw.

One more option is the 299 ringed matchkings on David Tubbs website. The ring cut helps initiate expansion and that bullet is fine in a 10tw.
Looks like these are Matchkings ran through a pointing die (maybe meplat uniformed first?) and then a nose ring die…? Think I'll call ask ask today. Regardless, I'm gonna have to try some. Thanks for the post!

I am a big proponent for the ABLR, but I have hunted with the A Tip for deer. I had no issues with game recovery, but the deer did carry the round off a short ways, but left good blood trails. Accuracy with the A Tip was exceptional, and I still shoot them for varmints.