Berger vs A-Tip for hunting

4xforfun

Having a hard time finding 338 Bergers, but I see a few places with the A-Tip. I LOVE the Bergers and never even shot the A-Tips. Any real world experience using the A-tip on game? 338 EDGE and Lapua speeds.

Thanks,
Tod

Having a hard time finding 338 Bergers, but I see a few places with the A-Tip. I LOVE the Bergers and never even shot the A-Tips. Any real world experience using the A-tip on game? 338 EDGE and Lapua speeds.

Thanks,
Tod
What's your max range ?

What's your max range ?
Actually, I am flush with bullets, but I have 4 different friends who recently built 338's looking for bullets and my help. I have given all of my stash that I am willing to give. ;) So, as far as range, they shoot different areas, but I would say in the 800 - 1200 range would be max. The furthest I have tried with my EDGE is 750ish and the Bergers did exactly what they should. All of my longest kills (between 1000 and 1050 yards) came with a 300 WBY and the 210/215 Bergers.

This will be for big northern deer.

Not a 338, but I did use a 166 A-Tip 7mm bullet from my 28 Nosler at 3331 fps MV for a 30 yard shot on a mature buck. Complete penetration and big exit hole. Deer ran 25-30 yards and piled up.

I will use the bullet again.

A tips shoot well and are very accurate but not sure about expansion for hunting.
I had them out to 1800 yards with good results

The Badland 275 gr superbulldozer or the 250 gr bulldozer would be awesome and look to be available.
Just need to make sure you have the twist for the 275 gr