Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

I want something that's pretty much just a pencil shoved into a case. Let's make this happen.
Hahahahaha! Me too! :cool:

But I want to see this 195 EOL thing through. Maybe Berger will send me a box or 2, and I'll be able to test some by rebarreling my other 7mm STW with a 8.5" twist barrel.

The most recent report that you can bank on. The 180 hunting 7mm bullet will not be made for awhile, a long while and the 195 is going to come into production as soon as the DNA of the Loch Ness Monster is completed by the CIA.

The most recent report that you can bank on. The 180 hunting 7mm bullet will not be made for awhile, a long while and the 195 is going to come into production as soon as the DNA of the Loch Ness Monster is completed by the CIA.

I've got to agree on this one, been years since the tease rumor started.

Eric is golden but I bet if he could retract just one sentence in the last 5 years on here this one would be it!

Originally Posted by Eric Stecker View Post

So those who are interested in trying this bullet can start working on getting barrels. By the time you'd be able to get one we should have this bullet available.

Regards,
Eric

Yeah, but like was said, nobody forsaw the commies trying to take our guns away...But I did forsee the hoarding that followed, after the incident, which allowed me to stock up on .22LR and other important stuff before the unwashed masses started seeing the big picture and started hoarding, too. LOL

However, but because nobody forsaw the incident, nobody forsaw the hoarding and shortages FROM people hoarding components.

So, for that unknown factor, is why I am still patiently awaiting the arrival of the 195 EOL. With BC's this high, it WILL be a gamechanger, and will compete against big .338's, but will be able to be pushed faster than a 300gr bullet out of a similar sized case.

It has nothing to do with the hoarding or the time to produce this bullet. It is about the commitment to the 7mm caliber and there willingness to fix their machinery to make the 7mm bullet. They are valuing other calibers more so and concentrating on the other calibers instead of fixing their tooling and investing in this caliber. Give them a email, PM or call to find out the rest of the story!

It has nothing to do with the hoarding or the time to produce this bullet. It is about the commitment to the 7mm caliber and there willingness to fix their machinery to make the 7mm bullet. They are valuing other calibers more so and concentrating on the other calibers instead of fixing their tooling and investing in this caliber. Give them a email, PM or call to find out the rest of the story!

I have... I've talked to Ryan several times about it since they first announced it. He told me it was because they were trying to keep up with the demand (from hoarding) for their already established calibers/bullet weights. NOT because they are valuing other calibers more important than the 7mm. It is simply to get caught-up with orders, then they're going to get back around to it.

I'm not a rich guy, so I would never build a rifle or purchase a barrel for a product the doesn't exist. Just saying.... :)

I'm not a rich guy, so I would never build a rifle or purchase a barrel for a product the doesn't exist. Just saying.... :)
I have faith it will come about...But I'm not rich or well-off either...So I haven't bought a barrel blank or built a rifle for it yet, either...

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.