Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

Anybody try US-869? It's a bit too fast for my 7mm AM, but I load 110-111 grains of US-872 powder in it behind a 175-180g bullet and it works great.

US869 works best with 160 gr bullets in my 6.5 Prometheus, can't wait til Berger release their heavy 6.5mm bullet, hope they don't go lighter than 160 gr, all them 6.5 Crudmore shooters have enough bullets as it is, we need heavies man !

RL 50 worked great with 230 Bergers in my 300 LRH and will be trying it in the 7mm LRH after the RL33

US872 ? prolly meant WC872

what is the base casing for the l r h ???
I need to stay with something that will fit on a remmy 700 rum lh action without serious action mods.

yup, 7mm Shooter is correct, 338 Norma Mag is da baby daddy for all my LRH and PRO wildcats, also use 300 Norma and 423 Dakota

I posted some info here a while back but will update if anybody has interest,

I compiled a Quick Design print with dimensions off the PT&G reamer print and all the 7mm bullets that I have I measured to kiss the rifling in the 7mm LRH chamber, one stop shopping for info , hope this answers the questions ya got, will update load data when generated........

Attachments

• 7MM LRH-1A.jpg
    7MM LRH-1A.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 366
  • 300 Norma, 6.5 Pro, 7mm LRH, 375 PRO, 423 Dakota.jpg
    300 Norma, 6.5 Pro, 7mm LRH, 375 PRO, 423 Dakota.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 483
US869 works best with 160 gr bullets in my 6.5 Prometheus, can't wait til Berger release their heavy 6.5mm bullet, hope they don't go lighter than 160 gr, all them 6.5 Crudmore shooters have enough bullets as it is, we need heavies man !

RL 50 worked great with 230 Bergers in my 300 LRH and will be trying it in the 7mm LRH after the RL33

US872 ? prolly meant WC872

Correct. WC-872. I think I bought enough to last for the life of the barrel, so I don't read the label, I just know "these" jugs are for "that" rifle.

I can't wait to try them with some reloaded 33 in my 7mm practical with 28 inch krieger I'm running 180s in a 7 mag with r33 at 3120 in 26 inch with no problems

I'm using a 7mm-300 win, with a 27" X-caliber Barrel. It's throated for a max COAL of 3.650 for magazine feed. I'm shooting a compressed load of H50BMG (83.0 gr) for 2851 over a magnetospeed. 6 shots, 31fps spread. This load has produced consistent 1-1&1/4" groups at 250 yards. I have not had time to get any distance on it yet. It's sighted in at 250 and hits exactly at point of aim.
This is probably not fast enough for some, but low pressures and repeatability works for me

I'm using a 7mm-300 win, with a 27" X-caliber Barrel. It's throated for a max COAL of 3.650 for magazine feed. I'm shooting a compressed load of H50BMG (83.0 gr) for 2851 over a magnetospeed. 6 shots, 31fps spread. This load has produced consistent 1-1&1/4" groups at 250 yards. I have not had time to get any distance on it yet. It's sighted in at 250 and hits exactly at point of aim.
This is probably not fast enough for some, but low pressures and repeatability works for me

31fps spread?
Yikes!!

whos had any kill results with these? are they any different then the berger EH?

I compared them to the 215 Berger 30 cal last fall in a depredation hunt we did. Took many elk with each. Both chambered in the 300 win mag cases. Probably well over a dozen with the 195's. They killed elk, but several took two shots. No elk left the immediate area they just stood there longer or walked away slowly till we put them down. But this is pretty much what we see with 7mm's. For us the 30's simply kill faster. In the 300 win mag case, inside the terminal effective range of a 7mm, its a toss up between the 195 EOL and the 180 HVLD for me. Now in a RUM or 7 Lapua sized case this may change.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

I compared them to the 215 Berger 30 cal last fall in a depredation hunt we did. Took many elk with each. Both chambered in the 300 win mag cases. Probably well over a dozen with the 195's. They killed elk, but several took two shots. No elk left the immediate area they just stood there longer or walked away slowly till we put them down. But this is pretty much what we see with 7mm's. For us the 30's simply kill faster. In the 300 win mag case, inside the terminal effective range of a 7mm, its a toss up between the 195 EOL and the 180 HVLD for me. Now in a RUM or 7 Lapua sized case this may change.

Hope this helps.

Jeff

Thank you

I've read through the entire post and unless I've overlooked it, I haven't seen anyone post load data for the bullet in 7mm Allen Magnum.

I'm pretty sure there has to be a few 7mmAM guys on here, right?

Thanks in advance,

CG

In 2005, when I picked up my rifle from Kirby, I also picked up 500 of the 200 gr Wildcat bullets. After load development was complete, I have only been shooting the 7AM about 20 - 30 times a year and have about 5 more years of Wildcat bullets left. I am the kind of guy Kirby designed the case for. My barrel and throat are still in excellent condition.

While I would like to try the Bergers but as long as I have the wildcats, switching to Bergers is just extra wear and tear on the barrel for very little gain.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.