Berger to introduce 7mm 195 gr EOL Hybrid Hunting Bullet

Hey Doc, just to let the guys at Berger know, the 195 is not available in the stability calculator's selection database on their website. You still have to manually input the bullet data. Just letting yall know, incase it got overlooked.
Mudrunner,
Its in there now sir!

Hey Doc, just to let the guys at Berger know, the 195 is not available in the stability calculator's selection database on their website. You still have to manually input the bullet data. Just letting yall know, incase it got overlooked.
Mudrunner,
Its in there now sir!

I must need a new computer. It's not there when I look.
Ed, Mudrunner,
Its listed in the BALLISTICS CALCULATOR but evidently not the twist rate calculator yet. Use the 7MM 195 EOL G7 BC and bullet length and the bullet length is 1.648. So plug these two into the twist rate calculator and you are good to go. The 7mm 195 EOL is the last bullet listed in the 7mm category in the BALLISTIC CALCULATOR.

Ed, Mudrunner,
Its listed in the BALLISTICS CALCULATOR but evidently not the twist rate calculator yet. Use the 7MM 195 EOL G7 BC and bullet length and the bullet length is 1.648. So plug these two into the twist rate calculator and you are good to go. The 7mm 195 EOL is the last bullet listed in the 7mm category in the BALLISTIC CALCULATOR.
Guys,
Will get the 7mm 195 EOL data into the TWIST RATE CALCULATOR as soon as we can. Our apologies for this inconvenience.

In the mean time, you can run this bullet in the twist rate calculator using the weight, caliber, and length of 1.648. The Berger QRS is updated with all the most recent dimensions including the length of this bullet: http://www.bergerbullets.com/pdf/Quick-Reference-Sheets.pdf

You can calculate stability for any bullet using that calculator so long as you know it's metrics, length typically being the most difficult to find.

-Bryan

I measured 10 or so of my 195's and got 1.618-1.625" for length and the 1.625" bullet had a rough metplat. Most were 1.619-1.621. I'm not sure .028" or so will matter that much for most people but others have measured them and got basically the same 1.62" length.

I measured 10 or so of my 195's and got 1.618-1.625" for length and the 1.625" bullet had a rough metplat. Most were 1.619-1.621. I'm not sure .028" or so will matter that much for most people but others have measured them and got basically the same 1.62" length.

Instead of measuring the tip, measure the ogive. A consist ogive is what you are looking for.

Isn't OAL length what is important for twist though? My comment was in reference to Bryan's post about OAL being 1.648" not ogive length. I know there are variances in the metplat.

Isn't OAL length what is important for twist though? My comment was in reference to Bryan's post about OAL being 1.648" not ogive length. I know there are variances in the metplat.

Yes OAL is important for the twist rate. But when you are looking at quality, I would be more concerned with variances in ogive length. My comment was more geared towards the not being sure about the 0.028" being an issue.

The .028" was the difference in the average length I measured (1.620") versus what Bryan listed (1.648") not the variance in the OAL I measured from the bullets I have. The OAL difference I saw was only .007" and that was due to a rough metplat on the longest one. Most were within .002". What I wasn't sure about, because I didn't spend the time to run it through the calculator, was the effect the .028" difference would make on stability. I doubt it's much or even noticeable unless your already on the ragged edge.

I measured several of mine as well, and I get an average of 1.627".

I do know that the bullet will stabilize enough not to keyhole at 100 meters from a 7WSM 9.5" twist at 2700 fps, at 4500 feet ASL (26.7 InHg) and 60def F. It'll also stabilize in a 7-08 at 2400 fps and 9" twist at 2500 feet ASL. The same 7-08 load in a 9.5" twist was a no go. Keyholing evident in the target at 100 meters.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts