Berger hybrid 180 vs VLD Hunting

Prieto9000

Which one of these 2 bullets have you guys found to perform better on game??
The Hybrid is marked as a target bullet, but I see a lot of you using it for hunting purposes with good results.
On the other hand I don't see as many of you posting about the Hunting VLD's. I have a few of them laying around and they both work fairly good on my 7mm rem mag. I just hate chasing wounded game and want to avoid seeing myself in such situation.

I use the 180 Hunting VLD in my 7 SAUM. I'm running them at 2900 fps. They kill very well. 2 trips to africa and around 23 animals. All but 2 were 1 shot kills. One was a Livingston Eland and he was likely going down when I hit him again. He was considerably bigger than the cape buff I killed a couple of days before thatThe other was a Thompsons gazelle. I screwed up a first walking shot and just wounded him. Bit of a rodeo to finish him off. All my fault on that one. Plus a few deer and antelope. I have not had any complaints.
Bruce

I shoot the VLD's out of my 7Mag for deer and Hybrid's out of my RUM. I can't recommend one over the other, other than picking a heavier for cal bullet and start running with it. On game performance from both has been exactly what I want.