Berger bullets on big game...

su37

I'm looking into using Berger VLD bullets.

Have any here used them on big game?

I'll be shooting a 264 win mag, 9 1/4 twist.
I know the 130's will be fine for this twist but I'm wondering if the 140's will work just fine as Berger
says to use a 9 twist. I'm thinking they will, but want to hear from any experience here.

Thanks,

Here you go off their website. I have not tried them for hunting but others here have.

.....................................................................Hunting Bullets..............................................

The MATCH VLD bullets are proving to be the most lethal big game hunting bullet available. The VLD design incorporates a sharp nose that allows the bullet to penetrate up to 3 inches before it starts to expand. This delayed expansion results in a wound channel that is deep inside the vital area of any big game. After the bullet starts to expand it will shed 80% to 90% of its weight into the surrounding tissue traveling as deep as 18 inches. This results in a massive wound cavity that creates the greatest possible amount of tissue damage and hemraging. This massive and extensive wound cavity result in the animal dropping fast. Our bullets don't poke through like an arrow but instead expend all of their energy right where it is most effective, inside the animal. Bullets that poke through so that they can cause a blood trail result in a hunter tracking a wounded animal. Using the Berger VLD will result in an animal that goes down fast so you can enjoy the results of your hunt without having to track the wounded animal after the shot. You owe it to yourself to see how accurate and deadly the Berger VLD will be on your next hunt. Call 714-447-5456 to request video proof of these results in the field.

Nice dvd, just e-mail them or call them. It is free.

http://www.bergerbullets.com/

I just orderd one yesterday and they did not tell me it was on
back order. rascals!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It is free.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered one last week and they charged me $5.00 + shipping and its on backorder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fellas honestly, I just e-mailed them and 2 days later it showed up in the mail. Never paid a red cent.

I'm guessing they handed them out like candy at the SHOT show and now realise they don't have anymore and decided to charge for them.

su37, did they charge you?

Yes they did!

I called them up about it and the lady said "it depends"
"Talk to Eric", Eric is unreachable, I keep getting his voice mail.

I just reached Berger, they said they would be coming out with VLD hunting bullets in 338, 250's and 300's were on the agenda.
I asked them about shooting game at close range they said their bullets would punch right on through.

To those who have the video, what did you think after seeing it?

I thought the video was a good watch. Kinda reminded me of Best of the West. Quite a few LR kills on deer and elk out to 800-900 yards or so.
I've limited my use of Bergers to coyotes/deer only. Still dont know if I truly trust them on elk/bears. According to Berger, should have no worries. Me personally like to have a little tougher bullet then that for elk/bears. Every Berger fired into wet newspaper looks like a mangled piece of lead and weighs no more then 30% of its original weight.

[ QUOTE ]
I got the DVD and a hat both free of charge...

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel cheated...no hat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

BTW the Bergers are indeed the bullets the guy from best of the west uses exclusively Remmy.

I think he said that on the DVD...I think! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.