Berger 245 EOL Best Cartridge

Best all around might be the 30 SM for efficiency, accuracy, and velocity with head stamped ADG brass and you can shoot 300 PRC shelf ammo VERY accurately in a pinch.
The Sherman interests me. Can't find a ton about it. The brass is formed by just shooting prc brass in it? How much more capacity does it have over the prc? How much more velocity?

Thanks!

The Sherman interests me. Can't find a ton about it. The brass is formed by just shooting prc brass in it? How much more capacity does it have over the prc? How much more velocity?

Thanks!
Just keep in mind, if you want to push 250gr class bullets, there's no replacement for case capacity. So if you have a target velocity in mind, make sure the case has the powder volume to get you there

That being said, I'm not that familiar with the Sherman

I have a 26" 30 Sherman Mag with a plus P throat shooting the 245 gr Berger with N570 accurately at 2960 fps. It's too close to pressure to shoot over 3000 fps but it is pretty close. A similar load with my 300 PRC with a plus P was accurately shooting the 245 gr Berger at 3016 fps. Both are light rifles with carbon fiber wrapped barrels.

I'm building a similar rifle. Going with a 300 PRC or possibly the 30 SM. The Sherman is basically an "Ackley" 300 PRC and will gain a little bit of speed with the usual Ackley type plus/minus. I'll be honest and that last Sherman bashing thread mess has me a bit soured on the whole idea. That and I'm building rifles for several buddies and one of them isn't going to want to rely on reloads for optimum performance. We'll see.

I'll be ~25" barrel, probably a carbon Bartlein #4 though I am still wavering back and forth on that. Defiance action is on order. You'll get a lot saying that's not big enough, etc. You just have to weigh out how big, heavy you are ok with on the rifle and how much boom/hit you are willing to take.

If you want to see theoretical potentials I'd be happy to run a few QuickLOAD projections for you. I have been doing that a lot lately.

FWIW, the projected speed 300 PRC with 245 EOL Elites, VV570 (best powder), 24" barrel and otherwise standard setup is 2838 fps (26" is 2897fps). You could push that a little bit higher with extended length magazine, etc. but that pretty much it at the 65k pressure limit. The Sherman might get you 2900fps with the 24" but any claims much more than that (and you will get them for sure) are pushing pressures up whether the cases show it or not. That may or may not be ok depending on your perspective.

I'm not
I'm building a similar rifle. Going with a 300 PRC or possibly the 30 SM. The Sherman is basically an "Ackley" 300 PRC and will gain a little bit of speed with the usual Ackley type plus/minus. I'll be honest and that last Sherman bashing thread mess has me a bit soured on the whole idea. That and I'm building rifles for several buddies and one of them isn't going to want to rely on reloads for optimum performance. We'll see.

I'll be ~25" barrel, probably a carbon Bartlein #4 though I am still wavering back and forth on that. Defiance action is on order. You'll get a lot saying that's not big enough, etc. You just have to weigh out how big, heavy you are ok with on the rifle and how much boom/hit you are willing to take.

If you want to see theoretical potentials I'd be happy to run a few QuickLOAD projections for you. I have been doing that a lot lately.
I'm not familiar with the Ackley cartridges, other than hearing their name.

Another option is the 300 Norma Mag Improved. With a 26" Proof Sendero, 90.4gr n570, and the 245s... I'm hitting 3085 fps @ 3,000' without pressure. Stupid easy to tune. Pierce and Lane have been using this combo quite well over the last couple years. Lapua brass, relatively long barrel life, and the ability to shoot off the shelf 300 Norma ammo in a pinch was good for me. Bare rifle was 8.1#.