Berger 215 Hybrid ogive to base variation

Bosshog

Hello Gents,
I thought you might find the data below informative and I would be interested to hear if anyone else has seen similar results. I measured the base to ogive dimension on several Berger 30 cal 215 Hybrids using a Sinclair hex comparator. Results are as follows:

Lot#4502 avg 1.771"
Lot#6865 avg 1.719"

This seems excessive. Has anyone else seen similar lot to lot variation? The variation within each lot was very low, but something changed significantly between lots.

From my experience, the base to ogive dimension can be different from lot to lot. This is with any manufacturers bullet.

Hello Gents,
I thought you might find the data below informative and I would be interested to hear if anyone else has seen similar results. I measured the base to ogive dimension on several Berger 30 cal 215 Hybrids using a Sinclair hex comparator. Results are as follows:

Lot#4502 avg 1.771"
Lot#6865 avg 1.719"

This seems excessive. Has anyone else seen similar lot to lot variation? The variation within each lot was very low, but something changed significantly between lots.

Wow that is very excessive. I dont think ive ever seen a base to ogive measurement vary .05"!! I would definitely call berger and let them know.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.