Berger 215 Hybrid?

I am new to the Berger Brand, but have done a lot of reading on this site about the hybrid 215. I want to load some for my 300WBY mark 5. It does not have any custom work on it to accomodate a long OAL. I have read that the hybred is not sensitive to jump depth setting as the VLD are. My question is will I be able to seat the hybrid deep enough to work in my factory magazine? I have noticed the hybrid bullet is longer than the VLD.

It does not show the 230 elite hunter in 308

No it does not, not yet anyway...It's a new bullet that will be released sometime in 2014 !

You can look at the 338 Hybrid OTM and Elite Hunter bc's and see that they are identical, both in the 250 and 300 gr bullets

The 30 cal 230 gr Hybrid OTM shows a bc at .719 and one can conclude the probability that the Elite Hunters will be similar .

Unless Berger throws us for a loop and combines the 30 cal 230 gr Match Hybrid Target bullet design with the Elite Hunters and produce a bullet with a similar bc of .743 !
Now THAT would be something special !!!!

No it does not, not yet anyway...It's a new bullet that will be released sometime in 2014 !

You can look at the 338 Hybrid OTM and Elite Hunter bc's and see that they are identical, both in the 250 and 300 gr bullets

The 30 cal 230 gr Hybrid OTM shows a bc at .719 and one can conclude the probability that the Elite Hunters will be similar .

Unless Berger throws us for a loop and combines the 30 cal 230 gr Match Hybrid Target bullet design with the Elite Hunters and produce a bullet with a similar bc of .743 !
Now THAT would be something special !!!!

I'm himin and hawin about using the 230 or the 215 hybrid in my 300 rum. For now all I have is 210's

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.