Berger 215 hybrid/ 210 vld question

tctt3

I've been shooting 195 SMK's from my 300 wm sendero. I'm getting 2.5" groups at 400 and one holing at 100. However, after scouring the pages, I'm not real confident in that bullet once I switch from Whitetail to Elk. I'd hate to have a long shot and hit a shoulder and not drop it. So, I'm look at the VLD vs Hybrid. It looks like the hybrid out performs in every category. However, will it fit in my Sendero magazine?? Anybody have experience with this? Thanks for the help!

I've been shooting 195 SMK's from my 300 wm sendero. I'm getting 2.5" groups at 400 and one holing at 100. However, after scouring the pages, I'm not real confident in that bullet once I switch from Whitetail to Elk. I'd hate to have a long shot and hit a shoulder and not drop it. So, I'm look at the VLD vs Hybrid. It looks like the hybrid out performs in every category. However, will it fit in my Sendero magazine?? Anybody have experience with this? Thanks for the help!

I'm shooting 215s at .050 off in my remington 5r and they have plenty of room in a factory magazine. Your Sendero should be the same.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.