Berger 170 vs Matrix 175

cowboyarcher

Hi All,

I have a custom Win Model 70 chambered in 270 Win that I have been running the old 175 Matrix over H1000 around 2840fps, sub-MOA and I live at 7200'. I have just about 100 of the Matrix bullets left, so I am wondering if I can expect the Bergers to stabilize as well when I run out?

Thanks for any insights!

Adam

I have a 1:10 Twist.
They might still shoot depending on your elevation but there's been a lot of talk from bullet makers these days about slower than recommended twists having negative effects on terminal performance. I believe matrix is still doing runs of the 165's periodically so that may also be an option for you. I'm happy with the 170's myself but I've got an 8 twist.

My rifle would not shoot the 165's for some reason.

I know 1:10 is slower than recommended, but I have plenty of elevation and since the 175's will stabilize, I thought there might be a chance. . . I'll have to grab a box and try them to be sure though.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts