270 Win and 165/175 Matrix

cowboyarcher

Hi All,

I'm currently shooting 140 AB's and getting great accuracy, but would like to step up to the 165's or 175's to gain a little more effective range for elk.

I'm in Laramie, WY (7200') so I think the 175's should stabilize (1:10 twist). without much trouble up here.

I'm looking for load data for either of these 2 bullets in the standard 270 Win.

I have H1000, Retumbo, 4831SC, RE19 and RE25 on hand, as well as some others, but figured these were closest to where I'd need to be.

How close to the lands are you seating?

Anything else I should know about loading these bullets?

One more question, when you place and order with Matrix, how long does it typically take to get to you?

Thanks for any help guys and God bless you all,

Adam

Here's a good place to start.
http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/165-gr-vld-270-winchester-73897/index5.html

I tried the165's in a 26 inch Sendero and one day they would shoot lights out, the next they were over 2 inches. Couldn't figure them out. I am on the west coast so air density probably has something to do with it. 175's would tumble-definitely would not satbilize.

If you PM Big & Green I am sure he will give you some advice. He helped me with them. Out of frustration I sent the rest of the 165's and 175's to him when I couldn't get them to shoot.

Hope you can get them to work...That will make a baaad bullet....

Shane

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.