Bench Rest Brand help

accubonded

I have been using a MTM rest for several years but when I upgrade my stock to a Choate ultimate varmint stock I have found that it doesn't fit very well unless I put a 2x4 under the front end. Not very stable. What brands and models of bench rests are you guys using that might fit my new stock with its large drop in the buttstock? Thanks!lightbulb

The Caldwell BR is okay for a cheap rest. Hart? Sinclair? I assume you aren't looking to buy a SEB/Farley/etc..

buy a good used one, and then spen your money on the top rest. The older Sinclair windage plate is very good, and you can't beat the Hart of Bald Eagle for the bottom part. One thing to take into mind is the overall higth you'll be shooting from. I build my own, and have steadilly made them lower and lower over the years. Look for one that has no shake or movement in it after it's locked down, and buy a high quality windage plate (there are many good ones). You'll also need a rear bag setup as well as a bag for the top of the rest. I bought mine off of Fred Sinclair (probably own six or eight now)
gary

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.