Bedding compound;

jbeck

Any one remember a stock bedding compound called "Micro Bed"? It was a 2 tube epoxy that came in Walnut or black. I have used it to repair deep scratches in walnut coffee table. It worked great. But, have not seen it for a few years. It came in squeeze tubes, & hade brown &white packaging. Any info?

Any one remember a stock bedding compound called "Micro Bed"? It was a 2 tube epoxy that came in Walnut or black. I have used it to repair deep scratches in walnut coffee table. It worked great. But, have not seen it for a few years. It came in squeeze tubes, & hade brown &white packaging. Any info?
I remember it. Looked for it fairly recently to no avail. It's what my dad used years ago.

I used it a lot 20+ years ago - if not mistaken Pro-Bed is similar - if color is a concern, you can always add a little Rit dye in powder form to any epoxy and it will mix but not chemically-combine and screw up the chemistry.

Pro-bed 2000. It comes in brown or black. 4 oz jars. Wonderful stuff. I've bedded 5 ruger 77's, 1 ruger no 1, 1 winchester 70, and quite a few rem 700's with it, and I really like it. It's rock solid when it's cured.

If colour is the issue I use clear epoxies and dye them with powdered fabric dyes purchased at fabric stores. You can get just about any colour and even mix them to get the desired shade. They are powerful though and a little goes a long ways.

I really liked that product. Most of the the stuff I used was brown because I was doing wood stocks. Only used the black for synthetic stocks. I still have one new box of it, but it hasn't been made for a long time. I now use Devcon steel or aluminum depending on the application..

Sorry, used it on gunstocks as well. The table top was my last application. should not have used it as example. again, sorry....
No, I'm sorry. I should have grown out of that smart### thing years ago, but haven't. It seems my motto is speak and then think, that way I can be as surprised as everybody else. I have seen Micrp- bed, but not for a long time. I use Brownell's Accraglas. It also comes with black and brown die. I have sanded in the barrel channel and used the sawdust as die also- it matches the wood very well.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.