Barrel ID - First Post

MOHorn

Hello Fellas, this is my first here, and I hate to show up with what's probably an impossible question, but I will. I've got this 243 a guy I know out together for me a few years ago on a m700 long action (I had one Around and wanted a 243). I'd like to know who manufactured the barrel, but there's no markings besides 243 WIN stamped on the top 1/4 of the barrel near the throat only once on the left side of the barrel as you look down it. It's 21 1/4 from the recoil lug to the end. The outside throat us about 2" long at 1 1/8" diameter. From then on the barrel is 7/8" tapered to 11/16" at the end. The crown is indented, I'm not sure what that style is called. I tested it with a patch and the twist seems to be 1/14. The gun was out together in PA in around 2011. Thanks in advance for your help although I'm sure there's 1000 barrels just like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 95
Lucky you if maybe the gunsmith recognize his work...

I think that without the manufacturer stamping at one end of the barrel blank it is impossible to tell.

Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.