Barrel Damage?

Wasn't an opinion at all. I just stated what I've seen in all 8-10 Savage barrels I've put a borescope in. I said nothing about the quality or accuracy of those barrels.
In fact, most of those barrels were pretty accurate.
I freely admit that I'm not a fan of Savage actions. They're ugly IMHO. But if someone wants, likes Savages that's fine with me. If it gets them on the firing line or out in the field, that's what matters.

Wasn't an opinion at all. I just stated what I've seen in all 8-10 Savage barrels I've put a borescope in. I said nothing about the quality or accuracy of those barrels.
In fact, most of those barrels were pretty accurate.
I freely admit that I'm not a fan of Savage actions. They're ugly IMHO. But if someone wants, likes Savages that's fine with me. If it gets them on the firing line or out in the field, that's what matters.
Agreed! 👍

T
Looking at a friends barrel with the Teslong bore scope this is what we found in the stainless steel barrel.

Does anyone know what caused this? They kind of look like pressure rings with material erosion? Just a guess on my part.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Frank.
View attachment 294961View attachment 294962That's mechanical.

I can't believe that a laser bore sighter could possibly do that. Al is so much softer than stainless. On second thought, neither can I believe that anything fired down the barrel could this either. It's fairly consistent. (There does appear to be maybe 3 different "rings"?) In my biased, unprofessional opinion, since it is through/on the lands AND the grooves, it must be a metallurgical flaw.
There appears to be a pit in that same area. (?)