Barrel cooler

I yet to rig it up, but dewalt has a battery powered air pump with attachments for inflating a tire or blowing up a mattress. I am going to use this hooked to a bore guide to blow a large amount of air through the barrel during load developement. It's a larger unit but portable with plenty or run time on the 20-60 volt batteries they offer.

Ryobi Blower from Home Depot: This is working 3 times better than Amazon fans and 10 times better than the commercial coolers. 1/2" od x 3/8" ID tubing fits lapua chamber perfect. Ive since shortened tube to about 6". Don't need to stuff deep in chamber. Batteries last about 45 min per AH. Little battery shown is 2AH. If you have Ryobi batteries already this is a no brainer, otherwise its over a $100 setup.

Attachments

• 3D73A136-29EF-41AD-B0B3-D31DC4873431.jpeg
    3D73A136-29EF-41AD-B0B3-D31DC4873431.jpeg
    984.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Rubbing alcohol ( 70 or 90%) with a rag liberally soaked . Rub your barrel back & forth every 10 seconds or so. In about 4 to 5 minutes it cools your barrel right down. The fast evaporation draws the heat out quickly. Try it for your self & see....
I wouldnt try on a carbon barrel. Doesnt work very well on carbon anyway.