Barrel cooler

Last edited:
I use a cheap battery powered aerator the type used to aerate minnow buckets it works very well. Also a 9v air mattress inflater powered by your vehicle outlet works great.
With the aerator you can place one hose in a small sealed cooler full of ice and blow very cold air into your rifles chamber and barrel greatly speeding up the cooling process.

I see no need to buy and expensive chamber cooler when much cheaper just as effective alternatives are readily available.

3 to 4 second blast of canned air down the pipe. Careful to not discharge the propellant.

The only thing that bothers me about using caned air is that It is not realy "AIR" because the cans cant hold enough to last very long and they use liquid chemicals that can harm some metals. also they normally flash producing cold temperatures that could shock some materials.

Ambient air whether it is forced or draft is in my opinion has less chance of damaging a hot barrel.

Just My opinion

J E CUSTOM

There are many types that are convenient and this is just one of them.

The one I use n uses cell phone chargers or the cell phone its self. Something we all have with us most of the time.

https://www.chamberchiller.com/

Here is another brand that looks good.
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1.....0.0..0.0.0.......0......gws-wiz.8LQRb2MQHNs

I always stand my rifles up with the action open for a better draft and this works well If I don't have a chamber cooler.

J E CUSTOM
Good information, I did not know of these products but I will certainly purchase one . I stand my rifles with open actions as well. Even so it can take some time , this could really help on those hot days.

Rubbing alcohol ( 70 or 90%) with a rag liberally soaked . Rub your barrel back & forth every 10 seconds or so. In about 4 to 5 minutes it cools your barrel right down. The fast evaporation draws the heat out quickly. Try it for your self & see....

Rubbing alcohol ( 70 or 90%) with a rag liberally soaked . Rub your barrel back & forth every 10 seconds or so. In about 4 to 5 minutes it cools your barrel right down. The fast evaporation draws the heat out quickly. Try it for your self & see....