Barnes TSX/TTSX vs Nosler Partition

Which is the better hunting bullet?

• Total voters
Cont. of the partition.

image.jpg

Now these are the 225 gr Barnes tsx bullets

The one on the right is out of the bull I shot the following year. Remember right around the same distance and a lung shot. Bullet was recovered on the opposite between the rib cage and the fur.

The one on the left is from a cow I shot the follow year after the bull at 550 yards. Bullet was also recovered in the rib cage.

Heart and lungs were disintegrated in both of them.

image.jpg

This is a 190 gr Berger hunting vld shot from a 300 rum. This was recovered from a cow I shot 2 years ago at 580 yds quartering away from me. Bullet went into as a heat lung shot bullet ending lodged in the opposite side shoulder. Everything inside this cows chest cavity was mush!!

image.jpg

Just found one that I had been looking for to show you guys what happens when they slow way down. 700 yd shot. Entered through the lung heart area and lodged in between the shoulders. This cow didn't run but stood where I shot her for maybe 20 seconds before tipping over.

This is another 225 gr Barnes tsx

Left to right, 700 yds, 550 yds, 200 yds

All three were lung heart shots.

image.jpg

Yes, great pics and data, thanks 500. Shows why its important to keep expected impact velocity in mind especially if you are pushing the envelope in the cartridge (power) for game selection. In these cases, the caliber was no where near marginal so I'm sure quite devastating in all 3 instances.

I was hoping I had some pictures of the chest cavity on that cow hit at 700 yds. But I guess I don't. It was pretty **** impressive! If I wouldn't have found the bullet I would have thought I could have stretch her a little more. With that shot I maxed out the elevation on my Burris signature 4-16x44 taking that shot. It was like it was meant to be.. In two ways scope maxed out like a half minute under what I needed and second The lack of bullets in the rifle... i had just shot my buck and a doe and then these elk jumped out of the trees and headed up over the mountain. Heat of the moment handed the deer tags to my nephew to go tag the deer and took off after the elk. No backpack just my Leica an orange vest and a rifle. When I got onto them they were on the across ridge from me making there way to the top of the mountain. Not In a big hurry though. There was one big cow in the back and I decided she was going to be my contestant. I ranged it dialed it and sent it... Whoopoo!!! seen it hit as a lung shot she stumbles a bit but did not go down.. I jacked the bolt again and squeezed the trigger to drop her.... Click... Well **** bad primer.. Counted to ten went to eject the round and nothing came out... It all was clear then the panic came over me.. Please drop!! Please drop!! Pleas drop. That next ten seconds took about for ever then she tipped over. What a relief that was!! I now carry 3 extras in my pants pocket for if for some god unknown reason this happens again lol

Yes, great pics and data, thanks 500. Shows why its important to keep expected impact velocity in mind especially if you are pushing the envelope in the cartridge (power) for game selection. In these cases, the caliber was no where near marginal so I'm sure quite devastating in all 3 instances.

I have had very good results with barnes bullets out or my 338-378 from moose to deer. On the other hand my brother uses nosler partitions with good results

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.