BARNES TRIPLE SHOCK

200 grain TSX will out pentrate a 180 grain TSX. Plus they are extremely accurate in my 300 Weatherby.

[ QUOTE ]
Would a 180 gr.Barnes Triple Shock out of a .300 WBY. mag. work for moose ??

[/ QUOTE ]

You can not do much better than that!

Thanks to all for your info. - I was going to try 200 gr. Barnes but now will stay with the 180gr. since they are very accurate.

When it comes to the case capacity of cartridges such as the 300 Weatherby, or 300 RUM, 300 Jarret, etc., I believe the kill efficiency between the 180 and 200 grain bullets is negligible at 500-600 yards and under.

The 180 will perform beyond your expectations.

Hey bud can you give me your load info on 180s I want to load these for my Mark V Accumark 26" with brake. I really need to know your OAL???? Did you use what a book max length said or did you make it longer but short enough to fit in magazine (only thing I dont know, how long should the bullet be)??? I have abunch of reloading time on Rem but not much on Weatherbys, any info to help me out would be great!!! Thanks man

[ QUOTE ]
Or elephants! TSX bullets perform way beyond their weight
A 180 will outpenetrate most 200 gr bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]wapiti13,
I had never stumbled onto this thread before, as I was reading it tonight my freshly opened COCA-COLA went from my mouth violently through my nostrils onto my brand new Logitech keyboard, if you could send me a new one it would be awesome. if you did that would be a real TRIPLE SHOCK

uncleB, I've heard that reading this Forum can choke you up. but I think that you might have set a new standard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Coke through the sinuses could be quite therapeutic. Myth Busters were using it to clean up all kinds of stuff last night. It was very effective on organic matter including blood. I'm sure it would really cut a little snot. All said and done, what did that feel like?

[ QUOTE ]
what did that feel like?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was probably itching, burning, stinging, irritated and probably some redness. Kind of like Syphilis or maybe not.

I just hope it wasn't the whole can!!!

I'm sorry I did not mean to offend, but it was just one of those instant classic statement's balancing reality and fiction that causes good humor.
thanks for the laugh, I have a new keyboard and Coke exiting from your sinuses cleans things out, I feel much better now.
UB

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts