Barnes and 7mm RUM

MSalter

Is anyone loading the 150gr Barnes bullet in the 7mm RUM. I'm looking for nay and all data. Powder,primer, COAL from ogive.Thanks for your help.

not loading the 150 barnes in 7rum myself, but I'd work up the load with retumbo or rl25 and let her buck at 3.650" oal or so.
I was working a bit with the 150 ablr in my 7rum but have since gone to 175 hdy and 168 berger vld in the rifle.

for your 150 barnes... work up to this of course...
with rl25 I'd top around 91 grains
with retumbo I'd top around 95 grains.

I currently shoot the 150 Barnes out of my rum. Great combo but done fighting wind drift so changing to something a little meatier, the 190 matrix. However, here is my load for my 7rum.
7 RUM...
Remington Brass
CCI 250 mag primer
88 grains of 7828 ssc
150 Barnes ttsx
Seated just long enough to fit in the internal mag
3250 fps

I know it's a mild load but at the time it was my favorite rifle and I was worried about barrel life.

Good luck!

Stiff load of Reloader 25 , 150 tsx. Won't give info on my load, as it was a hot load. Reloaded for 3 7 Rum's and they all liked RL 25 with the 150 tsx. I rebarreled my 7 Rum, now using 50 BMG and 180 Berger VLDH. Shoots awesome. fps 3300. Fed 215 for primers

Last edited:
I've been told RUM's are hard on barrel's. Whose barrel did you go back with? About how long did yours last. I bought my rifle used and have no idea the number of rounds run through it or the frequency it was shot. Remington Sendero with 26" fluted barrel.

I've been told RUM's are hard on barrel's. Whose barrel did you go back with? About how long did yours last. I bought my rifle used and have no idea the number of rounds run through it or the frequency it was shot. Remington Sendero with 26" fluted barrel.
I rebarreled mine with less than 70 rds. I just wanted a custom barrel. Have it borescoped and that will tell you alot. I think I will get at least 700 rds. i don't shoot it hot. And I have lots of other guns to shoot. It is one of my favorites.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.