Ballistic tip fails

my point was that this is not a bullet failure, but this was an application failure. this is the correct application with this combo (300RUM 150gr bt)
IMG_0386_1_1.jpg

i had loaded the 150 to play with at the range but i thought they would work ok on a deer. i use 200 gr speers most of the time but had ran out. i see what you all are talking about to much speed. the 150 or older to i did not know they had been reworked time for some new bullets. i would like to try so barns 200/220 has any one had good luck with them? heres the pic if i did this right thanks for the help. http://www.hunt101.com/img/357310.jpg

Jeff, that is a beautiful buck. Congratulations. In terms of using the Barnes, that can get tricky. I use the TSX quite a bit and to date it has performed flawlessly for me and my brother. However, Barnes has a new bullet, the MRX, which has a tungsten core and plastic tip. Essentially it is a pseudo-combo of a Failsafe/TSX/Ballistic tip. If you have not seen it, take a look.

It will be an expensive bullet and I myself am curious about it's accuracy potential. I personally think it is a good design in the event bone is hit.

buffalobob, you are too funny. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bob , Unc B ,

What, hunting season over ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ya'll have way tooo much time on your hands. Can't you at least go shoot some vermin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ok , Bob you are to go and cut some new shooting lanes for your 5,6,7,800 yd shot at your favorite high hides . Unc B. , you are needing to go put out some markers at the 2500 yd . range so it will be a piece of cake to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif whack the next hog at that distance .

Me ? well, I just got back from scoping out the mountainside that the whitetails have been moving across going from bed to feed . My 700 yd shot is still possible this year cuz the 3 days after Christmas is modern gun here in Arkansas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Merry , happy , joyful celebration of the birth of the Saviour ,

Jim Brown

Meichele...........and Jeff ,

My bad , I didn't mean to be hyper? hypo critical in my response /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Truth is I wasn't even thinking about the " fault " as much as I was trying to get a thought train out . I said "hypo ) cause i have been guilty of using bullets unsuited to the task as well as you Jeff.At this point in my life I guess that I am so against the mindset that wants to blame someone , something , anything else other than itself when that is where the blame should truly be placed that I make mistakes when responding to situations that are in this vein.

Jeff, please forgive if I have offended you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif It was not my intention.Meichele was exactamundo right , aaaaaaand he was diplomatic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif in telling me !

You guys are a great bunch , thanks for all your help over this past year,

Jim Brown

In the spirit of Christmas, I am giving the deer a break until Monday. Then it is back to Blackpowder, maybe give the geese a thrill one day, possibly check to see if any doves are left to shoot one day.

I to have one last chance at long range centerfire rifle on January 5 and 6 for either sex but it is in a part of the state that I don't normally hunt so I will need to take the muzzleloader next week and scout for some new long range spots in the areas that will be open.

Jimm,
I did "go shoot some vermin" buffalobob just ENHANCED it on his computer a little.
Merry CHRISTMAS let's have a little more fun next year.
UB

no way man, you have to tell it like you see it. that the way i'm to. i'm still new to all of this long range stuff. i didn't think about what that little bullet would do at that speed i'm going to load some 220's. this is a great place and You guys are a great bunch , thanks for all your help. i have 5/6 places on my ranch to shoot out to 2500yrd and hope to one day. we have a ton of hogs that will make good targets. but first got work my way out there. i have set up a feeder at 500 to start with and the hogs like. i'm giving the deer a break till the end of january february. then i will be after them again. i love texas hunting seasons i get to hunt from october - february
thanks again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Meichele...........and Jeff ,

My bad , I didn't mean to be hyper? hypo critical in my response /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Truth is I wasn't even thinking about the " fault " as much as I was trying to get a thought train out . I said "hypo ) cause i have been guilty of using bullets unsuited to the task as well as you Jeff.At this point in my life I guess that I am so against the mindset that wants to blame someone , something , anything else other than itself when that is where the blame should truly be placed that I make mistakes when responding to situations that are in this vein.

Jeff, please forgive if I have offended you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif It was not my intention.Meichele was exactamundo right , aaaaaaand he was diplomatic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif in telling me !

You guys are a great bunch , thanks for all your help over this past year,

Jim Brown

[/ QUOTE ]

Alrighty then!

Now that I've posted replies that were mean, can I still go shoot stuff on your place ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The other thing is , is there a place to sleep /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I mean really , what else do you need............. , eat, sleep, shoot , repeat .

Anyways , nite guys and may the Lord bless ,

Jim Brown

And yes Jimm, I was just having fun with ya anyway. You are right again, most of the guys here are a pretty good bunch. I like how we all have a somewhat differant point of view due to our varing experiances and places we shoot and yet for the most part there is not alot of arguing and bickering. Just mostly mutual respect for not only eachother but our accomplishments whether great or small and our indavidual experiances. I am glad you were not offended by my humorous remarks as they were in gest! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.