Ballistic Apps?

Go to the app store type in ballistic, look around, compare features and pick several. I have several that ae listed above, but use Ballistic the most.

Strelok Pro has given me the most consistently accurate solutions when compared to a few others shooting past 500 yards on the range. It's also the easiest, user friendly in my humble opinion.

I've been using Sniper Calculator PRO since 2014. Works okay. I'm going to check out the apps listed in this thread to see what's better.

I'm a fan of Ballistic ARC, the mapping feature is pretty cool and can be really useful at times.

I primarily use my Kilo2400 app that is connected VIA Bluetooth to my range finder. The "Shooter" app was my favorite before I purchased my rangefinder. Horus was also a great one built inside a Kestrel. Many of the higher scale rangefinders incorporate their own apps. If you just want a solid program that you can upload to your phone, I would not hesitate using the Shooter app. Make sure to upload another one as well just in case one hiccups on you in the field.

I have an IPhone and was wondering what if any ballistic apps ppl take with them shooting, I plan on getting one for my iPhone because it's always with me and I don't want to bring something else lol
I really like Applied Ballistics. It's very simple to use and integrates well with Kestrel 5700 w/Link - seamless data feed.

I use SBC Light from the app store

Attachments

• 8793BA72-7685-4BAD-B36F-5EAE00FA4843.jpeg
    8793BA72-7685-4BAD-B36F-5EAE00FA4843.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 95
Ballistics AE is one of the best for IPhone. It's not available for Android. You can do variable BCs to account for changes in BC as your velocity slows down.

Shooter. It accurate and runs the same program as applied ballistics. It lacks a few of the "premium" features like aerodynamic jump and stuff that the applied app has. But it runs the same solver. It gives identical reading to my kestrel elite , givin the same weather inputs. Works extremely well been using it for as long as I can remember.
Shooter you can also use multiple BC's with applied you either buy a custom curve or use only one

My favorites in the IPhone is ARC, AB, and Shooter. They all deliver accurate outputs, the biggest difference are the programming approach and the display which comes down to personal preference. While fine for LR practice, I don't use my Iphone as a ballistic calculator for LRH, preferring ballistic RF's.{ie. G7, TerraoinX/Kestral 5700,)

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.