Badlands Precision Bullets thread - From BC to terminal ballistics

Whichever one shoots the best. I would get one box of each, and see what gives the best results. I have found if they are going to shoot well, they generally show promise early on. As far as ballistics and terminal performance, either are sufficient for what a 6.5 cm should be used for.
Think the 135's will fit in a short action X-bolt magazine?

Thanks

Thanks
Possibly, but honestly I would doubt it. These aggressive ogive, super long monos have a hard time fitting in standard length mags. However if you get the nose length of the bullet and compare it to something you already have loaded, you could have a rough estimation.

Thanks
The bullet length is 1.635" and the ogival portion is about 0.825". Hope this helps, but X-bolt short action is shorter than most other short actions like Savage or American Rifle Company whose internal box magazine lengths can accommodate loaded round lengths of up to 2.980"

205 grain SBD2 out of a 300 PRC, 80 yards, broadside double lung, just shy of the heart. Large white tail doe. Caliber size entrance, baseball size exit (stretched in photo from hanging. Doe turned and ran about 75 yards before expiring, blood trail was extremely light. That said, the exit wound was mostly plugged up by the off side lung hanging out of it and there was an incredible amount of blood inside the chest cavity. Enough blood to track at least. While it wasn't a bang flop and without drama, it did the job in what seems like a reliable manner.

Entrance

20231119_172340.jpg

20231119_185249.jpg

Exit

20231119_185242.jpg

Load

Screenshot_20231108_212304_Photos.jpg

Rifle

20231117_153747~2.jpg

Pretty content. I feel comfortable with them and I'll give them another go.

the Savage short action used for the .243 Win uses a 3" magazine and as such it accommodates the .243 100 gr BD2 just fine as the pics demonstrate. The ARC magazine fits the Savage action. Rifles like Kimber have shorter mags so interfere with gaining the full potential of the cartridge because it frustrates the use of high BC bullets
Sorry, digging this up after a year but I'm getting closer to finally building this. Did you have to add any freebore to the 243 chamber here or does it work with the 100gr at mag length?

Another white tail down with the 205 grain SBD2 in 300 PRC. 60 yards, uphill, quartering away. Limited blood again but these were high exits on the chest cavity and the blood just didn't fill up to that level. Easily trackable, all 10 yards he ran before crashing. Extremely impressed with the consistency in terminal performance.

20231119_231948.jpg

20231120_093107.jpg

205 grain SBD2 out of a 300 PRC, 80 yards, broadside double lung, just shy of the heart. Large white tail doe. Caliber size entrance, baseball size exit (stretched in photo from hanging. Doe turned and ran about 75 yards before expiring, blood trail was extremely light. That said, the exit wound was mostly plugged up by the off side lung hanging out of it and there was an incredible amount of blood inside the chest cavity. Enough blood to track at least. While it wasn't a bang flop and without drama, it did the job in what seems like a reliable manner.

Entrance

View attachment 512352

View attachment 512337

Exit

View attachment 512339

Load

View attachment 512350

Rifle

View attachment 512351

Pretty content. I feel comfortable with them and I'll give them another go.
That is a massive internal wound. Deer surprise me sometimes how far they go with wounds like that. Remind me of Black Wildebeest. If they know you are there they seem to not drop as quickly perhaps because they are pumping more adrenaline prior to bullet impact that delays the drop in blood pressure and maintains brain perfusion a few more seconds.